Now He's Gone Part 2 || Carl

I sat on the hard porch steps and thought about him, how he left, why he left, what I did wrong.
I wiped the tears from my eyes and picked myself up.
After opening the front door I entered the living room.

The note Carl wrote was still sitting on the floor. I picked it up and teared it into pieces, I then searched through my bag to find my lighter.
Once I did, I threw all the prices into a bowl and burned them.

< Carl's POV >
I can't help but feel horrible about what I did to Y/N, I left when she needed me.
Our home was just destroyed and I left, I can't believe I did that.

I love that girl so much.

I can't just leave her there.

I threw my bag onto my back and began walking back to my girl.

< Y/N's POV >

I sat down on the couch and twisted the tip of my knife on my arm, sometimes making it bleed.
I didn't feel any of it, it's like I was numb.

My breathing was heaving, like I had just run marathon.
And then I started to think about how my life would he without Carl; horrible.

I grabbed a piece of paper and the pencil Carl had used.

Dear Carl,
If for some reason you come back and see this, I'm most likely dead.
A world without you is a world I don't want to live in.
I love you and I'm so sorry for any mistakes I've made in the past.
I wish I wouldn't of been so selfish, but when it comes to you, I can't help it.
You're dad would be proud of you, you made an adult decision.
Don't ever forget that I love you, Carl Grimes.

Sincerely, Y/N

I grabbed my gun from its holster and held it in my left hand, which was shaking uncontrollably.
The tip of the gun met my temple and I carefully moved my finger to the trigger.

Tears rolled down my face and my breathing got heavier.
I took a deep breath and stood up straight, clutching the note I wrote in my right hand.

Just before I pressed the trigger I felt a hand go over the gun. It fell to the floor with a thud and I turned around.

"Carl." I said quietly and hugged him.
I let it all out, every emotion I had was pouring out if me like a faucet.
He dropped the bag he was holding and held me tightly.
I wrapped my legs around his torso and he rested his head in the crook of my neck.

"I-I love you." I stuttered and hugged him even tighter, his hat falling off in the process.

"I love you so much." He responded with a hiccup, he's crying.
I let go of him and moved the hair out of his face.
His eyes were now red as were mine.

"Please don't leave me." I sniffled and he used his thumb to wipe the tears from my face.

"I promise." He told me.
Tears stopped streaming down his face but as for me, I was still a sobbing mess.

"I'm sorry, Carl. I should've never left your dad." I told him as he sat down on the couch. I straddled his waist and rested my hands on his chest.

"You did what you had to do." He responded with his raspy voice.

I nodded and rested my head in his chest. His heart beat was the last thing I heard before I fell asleep in his arms.
_____________________________

I teared up while writing this so I hope you all like it!