What Just Happened?! Part 2

When I woke up everything was blurry, my head hurt and so did my face.

"Y/n?" I heard Carl question from beside me. I felt that there was a bandage over my eye.

"Ow!" I yelled, I accidentally touched to close I guess.
I slowly sat up and Carl put his hand on my back, helping me.

"How are you feeling?" Rick asked and I tried looking over at him but couldn't see him. I had to move my whole head in order to see everything.

"As good as I could be I guess." I replied back to him and stood up.
I grabbed a mirror and looked at myself.

"Woah." I whispered so no one would hear me.

"Walkers are gonna sneak up on me." I told Carl worriedly and he grabbed my left hand.

"I'll stay on your right, I'll protect you." He told me and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"You can't stay next to me all the time." I argued and walked over to the front door.
I twisted the door knob and walked out into the cool spring weather.

"I will." He told me and put his hands on my hips. I ignored him and continue walking. I'm not mad, I just wanna walk.

"Y/n." He said sternly and I turned and gave him a smile.

"What?" I asked him and took his sheriffs hat off of his head.

"You're beautiful." He told me and I blushed.
I put on his hat and fixed my bandage a little.

"Did it hurt?" Carl asked and he grabbed my left hand, he's walking on my left so he can see my face better.

"Hell yeah." I told him and I gave his hand a squeeze.

"Then why did you do it?" He asked again and I looked at him and then back at the road.

"Better me than you." I replied and we walked back to his house.

"Damn, nice." Daryl said and gave my eye a look. I'm gonna get a lot of attention.

"I know, its pretty badass if you ask me." I told him and he gave me a smirk.

"Wow." Maggie said and I sat down on the couch next to her. Carl sat next to me and took his hat back.

"I just wanna see Judith's reaction." I said truthfully and got up, I made my way to the nursery.

"Hey Judy!" I said in my baby voice.
She cracked a smile and gave me a little laugh.
I picked her up and she pointed to my eye.

"Yeah, I got hurt." I tell her and sit down on the rocking chair.
I put her on my lap and talked to her.

"I was protecting your brother." I continue to talk to her and I begin to tear up.

"And I would do it over and over again if it meant he was safe." I wiped a tear from my face and smiled at her.
She laughed as I tickled her sides.

There was a small knock on the door.

"Yeah?" I announced and Carl walked in.
He sat down on the floor next to the chair and rested his head on my legs.

"Thank you." He told me and I kissed his forehead.

"Don't mention it."
______________________________