Wait, you love her? || Carl

Today was the day that I was finally going to admit my feelings for Carl.
I've been meaning to tell him for the past two years, but ya know. Today works too.
I made sure I had my knife in my holster and then made my way down the streets of Alexandria.

"Carl!" I yelled and caught up with him.
He was helping Michonne with inventory. The only reason I know is because every Monday he complains about it and today is Monday.

"Hey, what's up?" He asked as I walked next to him.

"Nothing much, just looking for something to do today." I told him, giving him the perfect opportunity to ask me to hang out.

"I'd hang out but I'll be with Enid all day." He told me and I felt myself getting jealous.

"I gotta tell you something." I changed the subject quickly and he stopped walking and looked at me.

"What is it?" Carl asked as he gave me a slightly worried look.

Then thoughts began flying in my head at rapid speed.

I shouldn't tell him.
What if he doesn't like me back?
There's so much that could go wrong.
My gosh! Just tell him.

"I like you." I blurted out and he smiled.

"I like you too." He said, thinking I meant it in a friendly way.

"No, Carl, I like like you." I explained and he looked shocked.

"Y/n.." He trailed off and my heart began to sink.

"Listen, it's just things with Enid have been going so good and I'm starting to feel things for her." He told me and I nodded.

"She's amazing, and it's not that you're not amazing. It's just- I think I love her." He said.

"Wait, you love her?" I asked with tears threatening to spill from my eyes.

"I think I do."

I straightened my poster and smiled, but of course it was fake.

"Well I hope she loves you back, good luck." I gave him an awkward thumbs up and then turned on my heels.
I made my way back to the house and ran to my room.

"What's wrong?" Maggie asked as I ran past her.
I slammed my door shut and flopped onto my bed.

"Nothing." I shouted and sat there in silence.

I do not want to talk to anyone.

°°••°°••°°••°°••°°••°°••°°