Goodbye My Love (Callie)

The day always comes when you say goodbye to the one you love. Its either a phone call or you're watching it right in front of your face.

"Carl!" I screamed as I watched my beloved boyfriend get his shoulder ripped into by a walker.

I ran over and stabbed it in the head, its fragile skull breaking easily.
As Carl was falling I was there to catch him.

I sit and think of all the things that he's done for me: watched out for me, protected me, loved me.

"Baby, its gonna be okay. Stay with me." I tell him with tears falling down my red cheeks. He holds onto me and I walk him to a near by building and lay him down on a couch.

He looked around with wide eyes and tears streaming down his face, just like me.

"I'm not leaving you, I can't, I won't." He told me as he rested a hand on my cheek. I took off my flannel, which left me in a tank top, and dabbed the blood.

He's everything I wanted. Everything I dreamed of. And now that he's gone I don't know what to do. It was just him and I in this world, we lost the group along the way.

"You can't leave me!" I shouted at no one in particular, even though it was directed towards Carl.

I sat down next to the couch and he grabbed my arms which were shaking uncontrollably.

"Listen, Callie, listen to me." He whispered and I slowly rested my head on his chest as I felt it go up and down with every breath he took.

"Callie Smith, you are my world. You are the one that showed me light in this horrible place. You've loved me through thick and thin, through arguments and even when the whole group was against my ideas."

He paused for a moment to catch his breath and I felt his chest stop.

I looked up I'm fear and saw that his eyes were still looking around. I laid back down on his chest and soon felt it move again.

Carl will always be in my thoughts, my prayers. He's my love and I am his even though he's gone and I'm still in this horrible place.

"Promise that you'll stick to what you do. Find a group that needs a ray of sunshine and be that light. Be the one that shows him that there's still good people." I grabbed his hands and looked at him.

"I-I promise you that I will." I told him with a subtle stutter. I rested a hand on his chest and watched his eyes close.

"I love you so much, Carl." I told him and heard his raspy breath.

"I will always love you, Callie." He told me and his chest fell for the last time.

I will always love you Carl Grimes.