Teach me? || Carl

The apocalypse has been going on for years and I have never shot a gun. My parents always did it for me, when they died, Carl always protected me. Lately I've been going on runs and I feel like I'm a bother whenever I scream 'Walker!'.

"Carl!" I yelled, catching his attention before he walked out the cell door.

"Yeah?" He asked and I stood up.

"Are you going to shooting practice?" After we got all the new comers, Rick, Daryl, and Glenn thought it would be a good idea to have defense lessons.

"Mhm, why?" He questioned and fixed his sheriff's hat.

"Teach me?" I asked, knowing he would know exactly what I meant.

A smile appeared on his face and he shook his head.

"Of course."

After making our way to the open area and him setting everything up, he set up a can on the fence post.

"Hold it like this." He stood behind me and put his hands over mine. Carl's touch made me nervous, it always has.

"And when you're ready-" He moved his finger over the trigger.

"Shoot." There was a bang and then a loud ringing in my ear.

"Sorry, I forgot to give you these." He said and pulled a bag from his pocket, they were ear plugs.

"No reason to use them now." I joked and he laughed.

I looked at the can and saw that it was still sitting on the fence. I sighed and gave him back the gun.

"I didn't hit it." I told him and he looked down at me. He's not much taller than me, maybe six inches.

"Then try again." He said and smiled.

"Fine." I responded and he out the gun back in my hand.

"Just like I showed you." He said to me and I put my hands where he showed me.

I took a deep breath and then shot.

I barely hit it but I did. The can fell off the fence and a smile appeared on my face.

"Oh my gosh!" I cheered and hugged Carl.

I felt that his arms weren't around me and began to pull away. Seconds later he wrapped his arms tightly around my waist. Making a smile appear on my face.

"You did good." He said in a low tone.
He let go of me and began walking away.

"Try again tomorrow?" He winked and turned around.

"Yeah." I said to myself with a smile on my face.