Unfamiliar

You slouched in your chair and stared out the window. The sky was dusted violet, the remaining orange tints vanishing to the darkness. It was getting late. You bit your lip and held your face in your hands.

"???" You could faintly hear the hum of Michael's voice on the phone. You didn't dare listen. Instead, you lay your head down on your pillow and doze off, welcoming the tears to lull you to sleep.

--

   You squinted your eyes to combat the blinding sun as you sat up in your bed, the covers rolling off of you. You slid out of bed and took a deep breath, looking at all of your unopened boxes filled with objects. You dragged yourself out of the room, grazing the soft carpet.

   These hallways are unfamiliar.

   You turn to the right, trying to recall where the bathroom is now. After trying many different doors, you finally find the small, tiled room. You brush your teeth as you look at yourself in the mirror.

   In these clothes your scar is visible, the wound obviously fully healed. Your now medium length hair is a mess, and your eyes look tired. You have bags under your dulled e/c eyes, which are slightly pink.

   You finish your duties and walk out of the bathroom, taking slow steps along the hall. You examine your new home. As you're walking the grounds, you hear the doorbell. The noise brings you to a stop, and you strain your ears. You walk hurriedly towards the end of the hall and peer around the corner, hugging the wall. You watch Michael walk over to the door after a minute and open it with a smile. Michael is standing in the way, so you can't see who it is. You frown to yourself and try your hardest to hear what they're saying, but Michael soon steps outside and closes the door. You catch a glimpse of an eye from outside looking directly at you through the blinds of the small window next to the door, but it quickly turns back to look at Michael.

   You sigh and drag yourself back to the room you awoke in. It is not your room, and this building is not your home. The people at this new school are not your friends, and you no longer have a boyfriend. You have neglected to respond to Mori's texts and calls. You don't want to face him. You aren't sure why, but you can't. You feel like you would just start crying, and what's the use of getting reattached if you and him are so far apart? You hold back tears and sit down in a chair that is not yours, and draw on a sheet of paper that is.

   "Hitoshi, I want you to come meet our guests. After you've gotten ready, could you meet us in the living area?" You hear Michael call from outside the room. You give a weak 'yes' and stand up, pushing your drawing onto the floor. You change, staring at your scar while you replace your top. You hate that scar. You don't bother to brush your hair before leaving the room, and wandering about the halls again.

   You enter the living area and are immediately squeezed in a tight embrace. The action catches you by surprise and you let out a small yelp before you realize who it is.

   "Hitoshi..." his low voice starts

   You tear up, and a lump crawls up your throat. You can't move.

   He pulls away slightly and your eyes meet his. You look behind him and see the rest of the "guests." You see Mr. Glasses, your Sweetie, Cheese-for-brains, Haruhi, and the twins. They look at you with caring eyes.

   "You look so different..." Mori says as he strokes your hair. You've grown it out a bit, not liking the idea of dealing with a haircut.

   You can't speak back, but you try to nod. You swiftly pull him into the embrace again, and hide your face in his shirt.

   He chuckles sadly, "I missed you too." He rubs your back, and the rest of the club comes closer.

   "We all miss you, Hito-chan," Honey says in a small, shaky voice.

   You hear Tamaki wailing in the back, crying to Haruhi about how long it's been. You can hear the Twins trying to compose themselves, but their breathing is slightly shallow. Haruhi smiles while she tries to calm him down.

   You begin to sniffle, "I--Ido--on't want to be he--ere I wa--ana go back ho--ome" you try to say.

   You hear Michael sigh in the distance and hear his footsteps get fainter and fainter. The rest of the club breaks down and joins the long embrace, creating a group hug.

--

   You all went out that day. You went to the mall near your new home, you went to the park and had a picnic, and you went to the closest arcade. After that was done, Mori stayed with you at home while the rest of the club went to explore your new area. You and Mori watched movies, cuddled, and talked. As the day became night, they had to leave.

   "I will visit whenever you need me to," Mori started. "It doesn't matter when, and it doesn't matter for how long. I love you, and I want to stay with you."

   You smiled sadly and looked at the ground. "I love you too."