Silent Pain

Your smile faded after a while and your mind drifted as you walked behind the two before you.

   You were finding it hard to focus on their conversations as you felt a pain in your head. You shook your head and tried to focus on where you three had walked.

   You all turned a corner and headed into a restaurant. You told Haruhi that you weren't hungry, but she bought you some fries and a drink.

   You nibbled on your food while looking out the glass window at all of the other people at the mall.

   "?????"

   You turned your head and we're met with Haruhi's brown orbs.

   "Are you okay, Hitoshi?" She asked.

   "Sorry, I'm just a bit tired" You said softly in response.

   Sir Hungry just continued stuffing his face.

--

    You three were up and walking again, so you decided you could zone out a bit more.

   Onto the pressing matter at hand... How are you going to face the other Hosts again? You could surely never look any of them in the eye again.

   And smooth move, falling back and hitting your--

   You hissed and stopped walking, holding your head in your hands at the sudden pain emitting from your skull.

"Hitoshi?" Haruhi asked in a concerned tone. Mr. Glasses just turned and looked at you with his same bored-looking expression.

   "I'm f-fine..." You said quietly, before moving your hands back down to your side.

   "Are you sure?" She persisted.

   You nodded slowly and began to walk when there was an announcement.

   It was for a lost child... Who just happened to have Kyoya-- Mr. Glasses' description.

   He looked like he could actually give someone a death-glare that could send them to a grave.

   You would have laughed to the point of running out of air, but you could only muster a giggle or two before your head began to ache.

   Inside you were scarring yourself about the incident earlier.  Your anxiety hurt your chest and your clumsiness hurt your head. They were looking for Mr. Glasses, and when they find him they'll find you.

   They probably think you're stupid now. Childish, clumsy, ignorant.

   You got a lump in your throat just thinking about facing them again. You couldn't do anything about it though.

   You see them at school every day anyways.

   Plus you're crashing with Cheese-head.

--

   You sat on a bench and held your face in your hands.

   You didn't want to face them again yet so you simply walked away from Haruhi and Dr. Cares A Lot.

   They wouldn't notice, your only contribution to their little small-talk was a couple of 'Hmm's.

   You sighed and put a hand on your chest, leaning back in your bench. You just loved anxiety.

   You tried to not play through all the horrific possibilities in your head, but they kept popping up.

   You tried to think of jokes to laugh about, to change your subject.

   'Hey, Hitoshi,  where would you go to learn how to make ice cream?'

   'Sundae school.'

   You simply sighed to yourself.

   As you were trying to think of a better joke, you saw a familiar figure turn a corner in your direction.

   You sat there in silence, feeling the aching pain in your head.

   Maybe they won't notice you.

   You covered your face in your hands, trying to hide your features from recognition.

   Your heart began to beat loudly in your chest as you heard his low voice.

   "Hitoshi..."