Promise?

Mori held you close as you waved good-bye to your other guests. Honey waddled up to you in his puffy coat and hugged your arm before leaving. Mori waited a minute by the door to make sure Honey made it to his ride safely before he closed the door. Mori was allowed to spend the night at your residence, on the condition he sleep in the guest room downstairs.

   He looked down at you and smiled, ruffling your hair. You giggled and scrunched up your nose, sticking your tongue out at him. He chuckled and you started up the stairs to your room. Michael eyed you from downstairs, then headed into the living room.

   You plopped down on your bed and sighed, Mori sitting on the edge of your bed. You pulled yourself up and cuddled next to him, looking out your window.

   "Hey... Mori?" You said in a soft voice. He stopped running his fingers through your hair and hummed a response, turning to look down at you.

   You immediately froze, not wanting to bring the question up. You turned your gaze to the floor. "N-nothing..." He narrowed his eyes at you.

   "What is it?" He mumbled, lifting your chin. You blushed, suddenly feeling flustered. You tried your hardest not to look him in the eyes. "Hitoshi..." He frowned.

   "I-it was stupid..." You mumbled, and tried to pull your face away from his. He kept you in place, staring you down with his orbs. You felt tears on the brim of your eyes. "H-how long do you think this'll last?" You asked, your voice quivering.

   "Forever, Hitoshi." He said, letting go of your chin and pulling you closer to him. You began to sniffle.

   "Y-you won't ever hurt me... will you?" You mumbled, trying to control your breathing.

   He furrowed his eyebrows. "No, I would never hurt you. I will only protect you."

   "How do I know?" You asked quietly, returning your gaze out the window. You winced, afraid of what he would say next. He could lie, and reject you later on. He could hurt you, both mentally or physically. He cou--

   He forced you to face him and pulled you into a kiss. Soon he was hovering above you, making his way down your jawline and moving the neck of your shirt so he could reach your neck easier.

   "M-Mori?!" You blushed furiously, your heart beating in your chest.

   He found a sensitive spot along your neck, causing you to have to stifle a squeal. He chuckled and sucked on the spot, making you wince. "Because you're mine," he answered against your skin in his low voice, sending shivers down your spine. "And now you have a reminder."

   Your eyes widened as you finally realized what he had done. "Oh... You did not just mark me... d-did you?! Like what they do on the shows? A-and in the stories? Mori, what the--" You were cut off as his lips met yours once again. You calmed down, kissing him back before he pulled his head away.

   Mori held you in a tight embrace, and you nuzzled his chest. After a while, you spoke up.

   "Do you promise...? About what you said earlier...?" You asked softly, your voice slightly muffled by his shirt.

   "I promise..." He mumbled, smiling down at you.

--

~~