He Tries

You peeked your head back in the room you had left Michael and the lady.

   "There you are Hitoshi!" Michael said with a warm smile. His smile always looked so welcoming... of course, it's because he wants you to be more comfortable with him. He motioned for you to enter the room.

   "I'm sorry, but it's too close to the beginning of school to change the uniform." The lady said with a small smile. You didn't mind anyways.

   "Heh, and I can't pay for a new one right now anyways." Michael added while scratching the back of his neck nervously. He let his hand fall back down to his side and laughed softly. "You would probably prefer the boy's uniform anyways, I don't think the dress is quite your style." He chuckled. He's still trying to make you more comfortable around him. He was right though, you don't like wearing dresses. And you didn't like the color of the dresses here anyways.

   "Well, I suppose we should be going then!" Michael said while turning towards the door. You followed in his steps after giving the lady a small smile. She wasn't the one who assumed you were a boy by the name on the form. She seems nice. You start to wonder what the other staff here might be like.

   He probably tried to talk the lady into letting you have a girl's uniform. He feels bad that they mistook you for a boy. He's the one that filled the form out after all... He's also the one who urged you to join a club, and try new things.

   He tries.

   While you were walking down the hallways to leave the Academy's walls, you turned your head to see who you recall to be Mori and Honey. Honey ran up to you and grabbed your hands. "Hito-Chan are you sure you don't want any of our cake?" He questioned you with a concerned look.

   He's so sweet. He had offered you some cake before you left, but you told them you had to go meet back with someone.

   "Who's this Hitoshi?" Michael asked with another smile on his face. You looked at him before stepping to the side to introduce the two to Michael. You motioned your head to the two boys.

   "The tall one is Mori and the little one is Honey. I happened to find their club while walking around. They allowed me to join." You said. You bent down and patted Honey on the head. "I'm sure I'll get to share some cake with you some other time, sweetie." You replied with a closed-eye smile.

   "You found a club? Brilliant! I just know you'll have a great time Hitoshi!" Michael exclaimed. You made him happy.

   "Who's he Hito-chan?" Honey said motioning towards Michael.

   How should you address him?

   "This is Michael." You said after a moment.

   "I'm Hitoshi's father." Michael added on. You don't feel comfortable calling him...

   "Well, we must be going now." Michael interrupted your thoughts. He walked towards Mori and put his hand on his shoulder. "I appreciate you taking Hitoshi in your club!" Mori nodded in response.

   "No problem." He said. His voice sounded kind of gruff, but you thought it was nice.

   "Bye Hito-chan, bye Michael-sensei!" Honey exclaimed from Mori's shoulders.

   --

   You sat yourself on the couch as Michael followed you in.

   "Well they seem nice Hitoshi." He stated while he walked into the kitchen. You hummed in agreement. You truly expected the year to be more exciting than you had previously thought. You started to ponder over the other things he's urged you to do.

   You heard Michael sigh from the other room. "I know the agent said it would take time but..." You heard him mumble from the other room.

   Agent Noritaka.

   You heard him pick up his phone and head deeper into the house. You wondered for a moment who he was calling before turning on the Television. Your thoughts drifted back to the Host Club.

   You aren't a full fledged "Host" yet, as Tamaki put it. He said you would learn a few things tomorrow so you would be prepared for the start of school. You still had to tell Michael about that.

   The members seem nice. The twins, Hikaru and Kaoru, are mischievous. The way they smirked tells you that much. Tamaki seems really energetic, and fun to be around. He might get tiresome though. Mr. Glasses -- Er... Kyoya, seems like the business person. He looks pretty serious. Honey sure does like cake... You hope he brushes his teeth so that he doesn't get a cavity. Then he wouldn't be as sweet. Mori probably makes sure of that though. They seem very close. You trust Honey with Mori. He looks strong and protective... he even makes you feel safer while in his presence.

   Michael entered the room again and sat beside you on the couch and watched the TV with you. " The club wants me to return to the school tomorrow to learn more about it before school starts." You say turning your head towards Michael. "Do you wanna give me a ride or do you want me to walk?"

   He thought for a moment before letting a big smile creep across his face. "I'll give you a ride! Just tell me what time it starts and ends!" He said energetically.

   He really tries...