An Inch Closer

You and the hosts soon finished off the sweet.

   The twins started to complain about their heads...

   You muttered a sarcastic remark before standing up.

   "There's probably something for your heads in Michael's room..." You said quietly.

   You swiftly walked towards Michael's room, not trusting the Hosts to be alone for too long.

   You searched for a while around his room until giving up on your search. They deserved the aches anyways.

   You walked back to where you left the Hosts and peeked around the doorway.

   They weren't there.

   You held your breath. What could they possibly be doing?

   You walked around the house peeking in every room.

   You found The All-Knowing first.

   One step closer to keeping those twins out of trouble...

   "W-Where are all of the other hosts?" You asked slightly worried they would mess something up.

   He turned around and pushed up his glasses.

   "I believe Hikaru and Kaoru stated they were going to go find you, but as I predicted I see they did not reach you first." He said in a stoic tone.

   "Well, what are you doing in here then?" You asked cautiously. You were slightly scared of making him irritated.

   "I believe you should start looking for the twins before they do something, don't you?" He urged with a cold stare.

   You glared at him for a moment before turning around and walking out of the room.

   He continued to browse Michael's pictures, trying to find out anything he didn't already know.

   You found the Cheese-head with Haruhi next.

   You sighed and leaned on the wall.

   "O-oh! Hitoshi! What a beautiful house you have!" He said nervously. He thought you probably didn't like them walking around.

   "You're fine Tamaki, Haru-chan. What I'm worried about are the red heads. Do you two know where they went?" You said calmly.

   "I think I saw them go upstairs. I would have followed them to keep them from trouble but.." She motioned towards Tamaki.

   You nodded and rushed out of the room and towards the stairs.

   One step closer...

   You wondered where Honey and Mori had gone, but it was not your priority.

   You didn't want those Twins walking into your room.

   You peeked through one door, but you heard something back out in the hallway. When you looked back you saw the twins heading into your room.

   You rushed over to your room and glared at the backs of their heads. They had picked up a picture...

   "Hey Hitoshi, who's this?" They asked, pointing to the framed memory.

   You walked slowly up behind them and grabbed the picture, holding it up above your head.

   You were just about ready to hit them again...

   You stared at them for a moment until you felt someone grab your wrist. You turned your head slightly to see it was Mori.

   He looked down at you for a moment before glaring at the brothers, sending them out of the room in an attempt at escape.

   You tasted something salty...

   Mori spun you around and pulled you into a seemingly random embrace.

   You blushed. Why was he hugging you?

   After a moment your surprise melted into acceptance. You nuzzled him a little bit before he pulled away slightly. He made you feel safer...

   "It's alright Hitoshi." He said in a soothing tone. He shouldn't even know why you were crying, why was he trying to comfort you?

   Mori had put pieces together. He was more observant than you knew.

   He took the picture out of your hand and placed it back on your dresser. He turned back and wiped your few tears away.

   He stared at you for a moment...

   Your eyes were just so pretty...

   He began to walk towards the door after petting your head.

   You composed yourself and walked out of the room.

   The twins were snickering to themselves, and you realized the rest of the Hosts were together again.

   You sighed and pinched the bridge of your nose.

   "I need to buy you two a leash..."

   Writes-A-Lot looked down at you as you chatted with the other Hosts...

   He learned more about you from the information he learned from the small library you found him in earlier.

   Michael soon came back and after some words were shared, the Hosts left.

   Mori looked back and smiled at you before he left along with the group.

   You blushed some more...

   What have you gotten yourself into? It seems as though each time you see them you break down somehow...

   But Mori....

   You were now an inch closer to realizing how you felt about Mori.

   Alas, you have much to figure out...