Just a Misunderstanding

You wandered around the school grounds. You were thinking. Michael had urged you to try and find a club to join while he dealt with some school official. The lady said that there should be some clubs around, it is two days until school actually starts of course. You got in by chance. You were lucky to even get a uniform. Of course, you wouldn't be wearing a dress.

   It was a misunderstanding.

   The school is large. Well, it is Ouran Academy after all. You turned down many different hallways and you passed by many large doors. You were thinking some more. What kind of clubs do they have at a school like this? You were planning to hang out in one of the empty rooms until Michael was done talking it out with the lady, and perhaps even telling them you didn't find any. You were scared to join a club. What if they didn't like you?

   The thought of rejection scared you.

   Having Michael reject you was an even worse thought. So, in a slight inner panic, you decided to enter the next room you saw. You needed to join a club. He wanted you to join one. Any club would do, you assumed. You opened the door, and were met with a face full of rose petals.

   "Welcome, my princess!" A blonde boy greeted you with a closed-eye smile. He opened his eyes before blinking in confusion.

   "Oh, I said prince of course! My, I don't think we've ever had a male guest before..." He said with an apologetic tone. He had a thoughtful look on his face.

   They were expecting guests before the school year even started...?

   "Tell me, what is your name?" The black haired one with glasses questioned.

   "Hitoshi. Hitoshi Y/l/n." You said. You looked at the different boys in the room.

   All of them were tall.

   The blonde one is probably the leader. The way he greeted you shows he's energetic. Then there is Mr. Glasses, he's holding a book and pen. You wonder what he writes in there. There is also a red head. Two of them. They must be twins, they seem very close.

   You see another black haired boy. He has a smaller blonde boy on his shoulders. The small blonde boy looks cute, and the tall boy underneath him seems protective. They look sweet together.

   And now you know not all of them are tall.

   You notice the one holding the small blonde boy smiling at you. You smile back at him nervously before hearing the tall blonde boy. "Since you haven't been here before, let's find out what your type is!"

   Type? you thought. "My type of what, exactly?" You said, tilting your head in confusion.

   "Tamaki, Y/l/n has not been here before. He does not know what our club is in the first place." Mr. Glasses stated putting a hand on the blonde's shoulder. He looked like he was sizing you up in his mind.

    The tall blonde boy's name must be Tamaki.

   They still think you're a boy.

   They seem fun though. You let out a small smile.

   Tamaki went on about "Hosts" and how they want to make every guest happy. He told you all of their names.

   Well, now you know it was Mori who was smiling at you.

   You took this time to look around the room some more. The room was large, so this club must be pretty popular. It had large windows on one side, and many chairs. It looks like a giant therapy room, but you can see they aren't finished setting it up.

    You started getting nervous when Tamaki asked you what your type was again

   It felt weird. Being smooth talked by a handful of boys you just met was not part of the plan.

   You needed to join a club, you were running out of time.

   "I'm sorry, but I'm not interested in receiving any of that sort of attention." You said, shaking your head with a smile. "I was just looking around for a club to join, and I happened to open your door. I'm sorry if I inconvenienced you all in any way." Your cheeks blushed lightly and you backed closer to the door.

   This is weird. This is a weird club. It made you nervous. Being nervous is probably why you were acting so differently. You're usually not this meek.

   But they did seem kind of fun. Maybe you should start talking more comfortably around them. You'd probably see them during school anyways.

   When you looked back at them they were all looking at you.

   Tamaki ran up to you and hugged you tightly, swirling you around.

   "That was so good!" He squealed.

   It hurt your wound, but that's O.K. You only winced slightly, and there was a high probability they didn't see it. Next thing you knew someone had taken Tamaki off of you.

   It was Mori. Tamaki didn't mind too bad, as he instantly turned back towards you and pointed. "Hitoshi, since you came to us in your time of need, we will accept you into our club!"

   You looked around the room to see everyone's reaction to Tamaki's statement. Kyoya nodded in approval.

   "The club might make more profit if he joins us." he said as he adjusted his glasses.

   Everyone else nodded in agreement, and the twins came beside you and snickered before extending their arms in a welcoming manor.

   "I wonder what type you are, Hitoshi..." Tamaki said as he walked closer to you. Michael texted you that they were finished talking, and that the uniform would have to stay the same. It's your cue to leave.

  Well, they think you're a boy anyways. It's just a misunderstanding... but you can stand it.