Nightmare Follows Daydream

You got up and hugged Mori tightly before going back to clean up your plate. Mori walked in front of you and tried to get the plate himself. As he picked the plate up you playfully pounded against his back.

"I can clean up my mess myself, you already showed you're a softy by making us breakfast, and now it's my turn to pay you back by doing the dishes myself!" You said with a pout.

He looked down at you, placed a hand on your head, and then turned back to the kitchen like he didn't even hear you, plate in hand.

You sighed loudly and waddled over to the stairs. Once you entered your room you changed into people clothes.

--

You sat yourself in the car and pouted some more while you waited for Mori to finish putting your luggage in the back.

He hadn't let you help with that either.

Honey plopped himself in beside you, clutching his Usa-chan. He was soon followed my the clank of the trunk, and Mori entering the car. Mori sat on the other side of you.

You crossed your arms and looked away from Mori. You were having trouble not laughing.

He just sat there and chuckled.

You put your arms down and sighed.

"No, you're supposed to say 'What's wrong Hitoshi?' and then I'd be like--"

He squished your cheeks and shush'd you.

Your face turned pink and you feigned a frown at him. You brought your hands up and squished his cheeks as well.

"How do you like it! Hm?" You exclaimed through a cloud of giggles.

The rest of the ride was no less entertaining.

Soon you were back home. You dashed through the car doors as soon as Mori was out of the way and ran to your luggage. You picked up all of yours and turned back to Mori.

"I can do it!" You whined, stumbling a little bit from standing up too fast.

Mori sighed and took the biggest bag, petting you. He then turned towards your house.

"Fine..." You huffed. Mori knocked on the door.

Michael was rambling again.

--

You were watching TV when your eyes started to become heavy.

It was late, the windows darkened and the shadows extended.

You didn't much like the dark alone.

You thought about bolting towards the stairs, but your anxiety built too high and you simply turned to face the back of the couch.

You nuzzled your face into the couch and curled into the fetal position.

In time, you fell asleep.

-You entered the house and put your books down. You heard noises come from the basement.

Screams. Blood wrenching screams.

You slowly walked towards the door, shaking.

He never wanted you to go down there.

But... Mother...

You twisted the cold knob and walked into the darkness.

The screams were so loud...

You raised the knife you unconsciously grabbed as you walked the seemingly never ending steps.

You reached the bottom.

You flicked on the light.

He turned to you.

She yelled for you to run.

You ran towards him.

He took his knife and brought it up.

He stabbed you first.

You heard screaming once again.

They were yours.-

You woke up in a cold sweat, your stab wound feeling fresh. You sat up straight. You looked around the dark room.

You cried.