Close The Door

You stared at the towering man in front of you before trying to close the door

   How did he find where you live?

   His foot was in front of the door, keeping you from closing it.

   "Hitoshi, who is it?" Michael called from the kitchen.

   The man pushed open the door, knocking you back slightly.

   "Michael, it's me, Pete!" The man chimed as he walked past you.

   You should have slammed the door.

--

   "So, this is the Hitoshi you've told me about!" He chuckled.

   You've met me before, quit playing stupid.

   You glared at him from the opposite side of the table.

   "Yeah, Pete I-I thought this was scheduled for tomorrow?" Michael asked, confused.

   "Yeah well it turns out I have to be somewhere tomorrow and my phone is in the shop so I figured I'd drop by today." He smiled.

   "Well actually Pete--" You started.

   There was a knock on the door.

   You swiftly stood up and went to the door, opening it and stepping outside.

   You looked up at Mori and shook your head, trying to tell him before Pete opened the door back up.

   "Well, who's this handsome fellow?" Pete questioned with his hallowed expression.

   You wonder how your Da-- Rin, hadn't ratted Pete out to the cops.

   Oh right, Agent Noritaka had his face slammed to the floor.

   "This is Hitoshi's partner, Mori." Michael commented.

   "How interesting! What school does she go to again? You said she got into the fancy one, right?"

   ... Should have closed the door.

--

   Pete.

   Michael has no idea who his friend is. Of course, Pete seems to have forced his friendship upon Michael, so you need to find a plan to drag him out of that hole.

   Peterson Dollerd. Rin's closest friend, who he'd visit when he wasn't beating you or your mother.

   Dollerd never once tried to stop your Da--Rin, from hitting either of you.

   Dollerd is a sadist. He would sometimes even beat your mother along with your dad, always glancing towards you as you had to watch.

   He fell in love with your screams.

--

   You gripped to Mori's sleeve and dragged him away from the door, holding back tears.

   "Michael, we'll see you later." You stated.

   "Oh, are you sure you don't want to--"

   "Later, D-Dad." You cut him off before walking swiftly to the end of the street.

   You turned and stood out of view behind another house.

   Michael stared in your direction, shocked you had called him Dad.

   You heard Pete distract him, and the door close.

   Mori cupped your head in his hands and looked into your eyes with a worried expression.

   "What's wrong?" He grumbled.

   You couldn't just say it was nothing, for crying out loud he already saw a few of your tears.

   You couldn't tell him the whole thing either... could you?

   No, not now anyways. It's supposed to be a date.

   Happy thoughts!

   What information could you tell him to tide him over until you could actually tell him?

   'I couldn't close the door,' Is the truth. It's also why you're crying.

   Sounds good.

   You started laughing to yourself, but looked up to see Mori's confused expression.

   Oh, you thought it all in your head, he doesn't know what you were thinking about.

   Whoops.

   "I couldn't close the door." You said in between laugh-cries.

   He stepped closer to you.

   "Hitoshi, tell me what's going on in that cute head of yours." He muttered.

   You blushed lightly and sighed, looking down at your feet.

   What do you really tell him?

   Or more importantly, how do you keep Michael from spilling all of your current information to Pete while you're gone?

   "Mori, I need your help with something." You said quietly.

   "... And no, it's not with closing a door." You added with a weak chuckle.