A Little Mouse

You sat down at your chair, trying to ignore the host club members to your right.

   You didn't know what their reaction was after you had told them.

   Did they need more time?

   Did you need more time?

   Psychology is weird...

   You were pretty scared, so you just stared at the board ahead of you until class started.

   The awkwardness you felt was excruciating.

--

   All of the fangirls were staring at you. You wondered why, and decided to look around.

   ...

   Mori was looking at you with a barely visible frown on his face.

   It made you squeak, and you buried your face in your book.

   You were blushing like crazy.

   Why was he looking? He wasn't looking out the window. Why was he looking? Why did he look sad?

   It was killing you inside, it felt like a sad puppy was staring at you.

   You felt a hand on your shoulder, and you squeaked again, jerking yourself up.

   "Hitoshi, are you alright?" The teacher asked.

   You looked out the window, not wanting to look anyone in the eye.

   "Yes, I-I'm sorry if I interrupted you." You stuttered, trying to get him to go back to the front of the room.

   He shrugged and left you alone after giving you a pat on the back.

   You could hear the fangirl aww's, but you just continued staring at your completed work.

--

   "Hito-chan--" Honey said as he tried to get your attention.

   You were already out the classroom door before he could finish.

   You were determined to put it off as long as you could, even if it meant having to face the whole host club about it.

   Honey frowned slightly.

   "Takashi, do you think we should get another cake and drop it off at her house tomorrow? I'm sure Kyo-chan knows where she lives! We could maybe hang out at her house for a little bit! That will make her happy again, right?" Honey asked with a spark of hope in his voice.

   He didn't like it when you looked hurt.

   Mori looked down at Honey, and then back up to the direction you walked off to.

   "Yeah." He muttered.

   He didn't like it either.

   He had felt a twinge in his heart when you left abruptly...

   "Come on Mitsukuni."

--

   You took a deep breath before opening the large door into the Host Club.

   You're fine. It was no big deal. Smile and ignore it.

   You walked in and looked at all of the different Hosts.

   They looked surprised that you had even showed.

   Tamaki ran up to you and started to say something, but you ignored him and walked straight to Haruhi.

   He froze, and instantly went to his little emo corner.

   "Hey, Haru-chan! Mind if I sit with you today?" You asked with a smile on your face.

   You definitely aren't sitting with Mori and Honey today.

   "Oh, uh-- Sure, Hitoshi!" Haruhi said. You could hear it in her tone she was confused.

   You were alright with it. As long as she didn't bring it up. You knew she wouldn't.

   You knew that the other hosts and guests were staring at you. You ignored it and acted like nothing had ever happened.

--

   "How's the medicine working for you Hitoshi?" Michael asked.

   "It's helping, thanks." You replied.

   You two didn't talk much the ride home.

--

   You were looking forward to the weekend now.

   Two days without the Hosts might let you get over it.

   You took off your bandages and got ready for bed.

   Ah yes, a weekend without the Hosts...