≈Chapter XXVI :

Start from the beginning

Maybe, this death was meant to happen.

Elijah was maybe destined to die at a very young age. 

"Why are you pouting for ? It's Halloween, cheers ! " Ryver jumped next to me on the couch. Of course he was really happy. Halloween was his favorite day along with Christmas. His birthday was one too, but since the big betrayal of his father, he declared that he didn't want to celebrate his special day anymore. 

"I'd never liked Halloween and I won't start to like it today." I said and then threw some pop corn in my mouth. 

"So you're not coming to this party one of mom's coworkers organized at her house tonight ? And why are you eating pop corn at this time of the day ? It's not even past 12 p.m."

I shook my head, "No. I'm going to stay here and chill by myself. And I'm a grown woman, so I do whatever I want. Let me eat my food peacefully."

"You need to get out more often. Come with us ! C'mon, it's gonna be a fun night." He encouraged, but I was really not motivated to go somewhere. I was comfortable on this couch and there were interesting shows on TV. 

"Why are you not at school again ? " I grabbed the remote and changed the program. 

"Our teachers are going on strike for three days, maybe the whole week."

"Oh yeah, right.  I bet you're enjoying this."

"I hope they're doing this next week too. But anyways, you have to come to this party, auntie. I swear, you're going to enjoy this party. Miss Genesis always organizes the best parties."

"Ryver, I don't want to go. Leave me alone." I fanned him off as I tried to get my entire attention on the screen. I wanted to enjoy Teen Mom right now. 

He sighed, "You're not cool, auntie. Do you have Dorian's number though ? I'm sure he'll be down for it." 

I cleared my throat and acted like I didn't hear him. It was the third week and I still hadn't had the chance to talk to him. I attempted to, but this institute had very strict rules. They told me he was doing alright, but it wasn't enough. I had to hear it from his mouth. 

Yemi knew where Dorian was, but we said nothing to Ryver, "He can't go either."

"And how do you know this ? I didn't even ask him yet."

"Ryver, he can't go."

"You can read people's mind now ? His number, please." He held his hand out towards me. 

"When is your mom coming back again ? "

He narrowed his eyes, "Something you need to tell me ? Where is Dorian at ? Something happened to him ? "

I wanted him to stop asking me all these questions, "Leave me alone. Go somewhere else. Don't you have some homework to do ? "

"Answer my questions, please." He insisted. This kid was really stubborn. 

"Ryver, it's not because he hung out with us once that he will do it all the time. I'm sure he has other plans anyways."

"Let me find out you want to keep him for yourself." He mumbled leaving the living room. 

"Come back here ! " He did as I said, "I'm not one of your friends." I warned him looking at him with severe eyes. 

He looked down at his feet, "Sorry." He said with a little voice.

"That's not how you apologize properly to someone." He looked up at me and cleared his throat.

"I'm sorry for being insolent. Can I go now, please ? "