“It hurts. Doesn’t it, beta?” My dad- wait, my dad? What the hell was he doing in the woods?- said.

             “Wolfsbane arrows to the chest aren’t exactly a walk in the park. Why don’t you try one out for size?” Derek sarcastically replied. Bad move Derek, my dad isn’t nice!

            I heard Derek wince in pain when h my father’s foot placed itself on his throat, accompanied by another laugh, “I wasn’t talking about the arrow.” He removed his foot, and began circling around him. “It’s funny, isn’t it? How the rejecting words of a werewolf’s mate can affect him? It feels like you’ve been punctured in the heart, doesn’t it?”

             A what? I’m a who?

            He continued circling Derek and talking, “I had my suspicions about you and my daughter, and I got my answer when she didn’t kill you.  If you were any other werewolf she would have.”

            Wait! Hold on! I didn’t kill Derek out of pure kindness! It has nothing to do with whatever the hell my dad was on about.

            Oh, we both know that isn’t true! You couldn’t kill Derek; because you LOVE him.

            ‘I do not! Wait… okay I do but that’s so not the point.’ Stupid inner voice…always is being a bitch. It just ignores me forever and comes back at the most uneventful times!

            “You don’t seem too happy about the whole, mate thing.” Derek finally said, I was so confused. What was a mate, and why did my dad know? And where was this leading? Where the hell are my bullets I lost?

            “Oh, that’s because I’m not.” He put his foot on Derek’s chest again, stepping down hard, “and the only reason I’m not going to kill you, is because that would break my daughter completely. But you are going to stay away from her, if that’s the last thing I do.” 

            My dad looked to where I was standing; I quickly ducked to make myself hidden. I peered behind a tree to see that he had gone, and he had. I took a breath of relief, and quickly searched for my bullets; if it weren’t for the moonlight I wouldn’t be able to see anything.

            But now I was flustered and rushed while my mind processed all what just happened. My dad seemed to think Derek and I were mates. That’s because you are, you ignorant twat! Okay. I’m ignoring that! And I’ve lost my bullets which are crucial to finding my mother, before it’s too late. I almost wanted to cry, actually, I almost did cry; but I used all the strength I had left in  me to hastily search for the bullets, all while keeping tensed in case the alpha turned up again.

            After 5 minutes of searching, I finally found my case of bullets! I did a happy dance, loaded my gun, and ran as fast as I could to where I heard that howl, I would have gotten there sooner if I didn’t lose my damned bullets. I pushed Derek and what my father said out of my mind, which was very, very hard. I had to stay focused, and save my mom.

The Rebel.On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara