26- Goodbye.

I made a tumblr you guys! Be proud! Follow me on it, and you can ask me whatever you would like. hehe.

it's http://smells-like-a-teenblogger.tumblr.com/

If you follow me I'll give you a dedication on here! :)

Listen to song for effect, Enjoy! xx

Chapter 26

Today was the day of Noah’s funeral. It was two days after I called my father. To be honest, I didn’t want to go, I didn’t want to see people, I didn’t want to hear the “I’m sorry for your loss” or the “He will be missed” because it was all bullshit. No one truly understood what I was going through, and I didn’t want to deal with their pathetic empathy.

Nevertheless, here I stood, staring at myself in the mirror. I wore my black combat boots that Noah publicly hate, yet secretly loved, and a short black dress that my mother gave me to wear. I peered at the picture of Noah and me, and wished with all my heart that he was here. I knew nothing I did would bring Noah back, but I wasn’t going to let him die in vain. The alpha was mine; I was to start training after the funeral.

Everything that happened after Noah’s death was fast and took me by surprise. An hour after I called my father, he was already moving into the house, and back with my mother. He told her everything, minus me becoming a hunter, and she welcomed him with open arms. Part of me believed she was filling the hole left by Noah with my father, but I suppressed that part of me, along with the other mentally crippling things in my head.

A soft knock on my door broke me from my thoughts, followed by, “Are you ready?”

It was my father, and I mumbled a yes and followed him to his SUV, where my mother silently waited. We rode to the funeral home in silence, and I welcomed it. I didn’t want to talk to my family, especially about Noah. I just wanted this nightmare to end, and for me to wake up with Noah in the room next to me, and Derek telling me this was all a bad dream. Every single gut-wrenching part of it.

But I knew that would never happen.

When we got to the cemetery, it didn’t take long for people to start filling the lifeless garden of forgotten souls, well bodies of them anyway. Many people came up to me, and most of them I didn’t recognize. They all gave me their sympathy, and filled my ears with bullshit like I knew they would. I then spotted Hanna with her family, her eyes were red from crying, and she was walking my direction. I braced myself; this wasn’t going to be pleasant.

“Nova.” She said; her voice vacant of any emotion. Although her eyes told a different story, her once happy blue eyes were clouded with worry, grief, heartbreak and concern.

“Hanna.” I replied, showing about as much emotion as she did. I wanted to be friends with Hanna, in fact, I could use someone after losing Noah, but I couldn’t drag her into this. Not after I joined the hunting team. It wasn’t safe for her. I had to cut off ties with her for now, for her own sake.

She gave me a curt nod; it was like we had some unsaid agreement about calling off our friendship for now. I was glad she understood, because it was honestly for her best interest.

More people crowded me and gave me their “I’m sorry for your loss” before one person in particular came into view.

Derek. He was standing across the room with his brother Nick, looking very uncomfortable, yet very dangerously attractive in a black suit. It made sense that funerals bothered him, I mean; his parents were murdered after all. But when I looked in the direction he was giving nervous glances in- I understood. My father, Amber, and her father were giving Derek and Nick death glares.

Figures, hunters and werewolves can’t get along. I was going to be a hunter now, so I should know things like this. You know, these rivalries and such. But for God’s sake people we’re at a funeral here! Can you not act civilized enough, for Noah? It made me all kinds of angry that my dad had to bring his hunting era to Noah’s final resting place I mean are you shitting m-

 “Nova, I’m…I’m really sorry about your brother.” Derek said while he looked down the ground. Wow, I had gotten so caught up in my thoughts that I didn’t notice Derek standing in front of me, looking scared out of his mind.

 “Thanks.” I said so quietly I was surprised he could hear me. Wait, no I wasn’t, he had supernatural hearing- of course he heard me. Thanks to the whole terrifying werewolf side of him.

“Look, Nova, I just wanted to say that I’m-” He began.

“Don’t. Whatever you’re about to say- just don’t. My heart can’t handle anything more right now.” He looked hurt at my words, but I pressed on, putting my hand on his shoulder and trying to ignore the tingling feelings shooting through my body. “I’m thankful that you came here, when you really shouldn’t have- for your own good.” My eyes quickly darted to Amber, and our fathers.

Derek nodded, looking upset, but also understanding what I was trying to say. He turned and joined his brother.

I couldn’t let anyone into my heart, not now, and maybe not ever again. Losing my brother did more than enough damage to leave me broken for a lifetime.

A few other people came up to me, including my grandmother, who I didn’t even know was in town. Although I should have assumed as much, Noah was her grandson after all. It finally came time for everyone to sit down, and for me to speak about my brother. I didn’t want to do it, but when my mother asked me I couldn’t say no. Not with the defeated look in her eyes.

Everyone was looking at me when I stood up on the stand, and it didn’t make things any easier. I spoke about how my brother, no matter how many times he would prank people and play jokes, would be at your side if you needed him. I said that he was a strong boy with big heart, and he would do anything for anyone he loved. Hanna broke down crying at that. I spoke some more, sharing memories and saying how he was going to be missed. Towards the end I almost cried, but I looked towards my brother’s casket and forced myself not to. He wouldn’t want me being weak.

When everyone left the cemetery, including my parents, I stayed a little while longer. Looking at all the fresh graves, this was too much; I had to put a stop to this. I was going to kill the alpha, and make it hurt. He would suffer as much as Dakota, Noah, and the others did. He would pay.

---

Sorry these chapters are short, there's a good reason. I'll update tomorrow if possible!

I didn't edit this chapter at all, so excuse grammar mistakes!

Pic- Nova's funeral dress

Song- Long Time Traveler, The Wailin' Jennys

COMMENT, VOTE, FOLLOW ME

love you!