1 - Once Upon a Time...

So here is chapter 1 guys!

Song- Happy Ever After - Gin Wigmore

Enjoy...xx

Chapter 1:

Once upon a time, in the oh-so-familiar and not-so-distant land of Ravenwood High School, I was surrounded in a land of superficial bitches and boys who look so yummy I just want to take them home and bake cookies on their hard, toned abs. The bitches ruled the halls, while the delicious men stalked their sides, forever being their protectors, companions, and lovers.

My problem was I didn't fit in any of those categories in this not-so-fairy-like fairy tale. I definitely wasn't a bitch, and far from being a yummy looking boy, so, what was I? Who was I? Where did I belong in this kingdom of teenagers? Could I be a burn out, nerd, bad girl, or was I the dreaded goody-two-shoes that couldn't stand to be in trouble? Trouble... Come to think of it, I'm always finding myself in trouble...

"Nova, hurry up!" my annoying excuse for an older brother, Noah, called, bringing me out of my sweet, sweet slumber.

"For God's sake Noah, 15 MORE MINUTES!" I screamed back in fury. I swear, ever since he had his license and he was forced by our parents to be my personal driver, he was the most impatient, aggravating, most annoying pain in th-

"Nova! Get your ass down here now! No one is going to care what you look like on the first day of school!" Noah bellowed out as loud as he could. Would it kill him to at least walk up the stairs and politely knock on my door? But of course not, this was Noah West we were talking about.

Care what I look like? I've never cared about what I look like, scratch that- this one time David Smith asked me to chucky cheese when I was 10 and I wore the most ridiculous dress, at the time I thought it was cute, but oh goodness how I was wrong.

The more lost in thought I became, the more I realized I might actually have to get out of bed and go to school. Silly Noah, I wasn't getting ready. I was relishing in the heaven that was my bed. I reluctantly pushed myself off of my bed, and looked in the mirror, solely to make sure I was wearing pants. This one time I was so tired that I actually-

"NOVA!" Noah screamed, losing it, and finally pulling me out of my own head.

"Okay Okay Okay! I'm coming down!" I replied.

Pants? Check. My favorite wolf singlet? Check. My combat boots I wore every day unless I was forced to wear another pair of shoes? Check. I shuffled around my room, which was full of unopened boxes, seeing as how I've been here all of a month and I have yet to unpack; and I stopped at a boxed labeled "Jackets" and grabbed my favorite black jacket. I didn't bother with my hair, letting it fall to its natural waves. As for make-up, I simply didn't have the time. I raced down the stairs and into Noah's lame truck that he was so proud of. Although I did make a pit stop in the kitchen to grab some sausage my mom had made before she went to her job at the hospital.

Noah looked shocked that I was finally in the truck, "About damn time..." he muttered.

"Less talking. More driving." I managed to choke out in between inhaling sausage. I knew I was risking eating in Noah's "baby", but paybacks a bitch when you don't let this kid eat.

"Nova...are you...are you eating in my baby? You know I just got her cleaned and I don't want your crumbs messing with her clean interior." Noah said, rather calmly.

I shrugged it off, mumbling a half-hearted apology. I honestly didn't give two cents about his baby. I was just excited for my own baby. Two months I have to wait until I turn sixteen and I'm finally free. As free as I can get that is. I love my mom and all but she can be a bit over protective. Ever since my dad left she hasn't been the same. My dad and I never got along, so I was almost relieved when he left. I finally got my peace. But I couldn't feel as happy as I would have, my mother was crushed. She even went as far as moving us halfway across the country to Ravenwood, California. She said it was for a 'fresh start', but I know she just wanted another excuse to put in her head as why dad couldn't, rather than wouldn't, come back. And ever since our move she has become insanely overprotective of Noah and me.

Needless to say, we don't talk about our dad. Ever.

I, once again, got lost and my thoughts and hadn't realized Noah waving his hand in front of my nonresponsive face, urging me to snap out of it, and that we were here. I mumbled an apology and he sighed, "You know, you're so spacey Nova. Sometimes I wonder if you're smoking something."

Typical Noah statement right there. Every time I zoned out he would comment about my "drug usage" or that I was a total lunatic, or something else rash. He was so annoying that sometimes I just wanted to rip his blonde hair out of his stupid-

"Nova!" Noah shook me.

"What?" I asked, rather annoyed that I was being jolted like this.

"You're doing it again!" he accused.

"Oh... sorry, I'm just uh, nervous that's all." Okay. That wasn't a total bullshit excuse. I was kind of nervous. New school, new people, and most of all, learning. Ugh. I even hated thinking of it. But before I even continued elaborating in my head, and so infamously spacing out, I got out of the truck, and followed Noah into Ravenwood High.

------

Please comment and tell me what you think! I'm eager, also it wouldn't hurt to vote :)

Picture is of Noah and Nova,

love,

WingsofAnAngelx