19- The Truth Won't Set Me Free.

Hey! This Chapter may be a little short but there's long ones to come!

The song with this chapter really has nothing to do with it, I couldn't find a song that matched this chapter so, that's what happens. :) But its Lily Allen- Fuck You

Enjoy! xx

Chapter 19

            My entire life was a lie. From the moment I was born to now; everyone I have ever loved and trusted the most in this world had kept secrets, and lied repeatedly to my face. I figured my dad kept secrets before he left, but I always assumed he was having an affair- that was part of the reason I hated him. My mom had lied to me, and that had hurt more than my dad, because I felt bad for her when he left, I tried to comfort her. And all along it was an act. She knew where he was and what he was doing this whole time. But that wasn't the worst.

'           Oddly enough, my parents lying to me didn’t hurt me the most; no. The person who lied to me, the person who kept a secret that made my stomach hurt even thinking about it, was Derek.

            Derek Spears, the boy who I had so many feelings for within this short amount of time, had been lying to me from the moment he laid eyes on me. The thought alone made me want to vomit.

            But now I know the truth; the whole truth.

Derek was a werewolf; a ‘beta’ is what he’s called. If you’re not sure what this means then, it’s basically that when he gets angry enough his eyes turn a glowing blue; his ears grow into steep points; his face grew hair; his canine teeth grew into long and sharp-as-knives fangs; and on his fingers grew out just as equally sharp-as-knives claws.

His brother Nick, and the werewolf that had attacked me- Yeah I found that out too- were called ‘alphas.’ They were stronger, more powerful, and more animalisticly terrifying than betas. They not only grew claws and teeth, but they shifted into a large and grueling monster, with red eyes; the same red eyes that tormented me every night.

I know I said I had a thing for wolves, and werewolves were my favorite subject. But that was when I thought it was fictitious- just a good pass time. Of course, there was a reason I had such an interest in them.

My dad was a hunter. He protected people against murderous werewolves, only killing the ones that shed human blood. He always wanted me and Noah to be like him- a hunter, that is. So he would always tell us stories, which at the time I thought weren’t true, about his adventures with werewolves. He had drilled the fascination with werewolves into my head as a kid.

The only problem was my mom hated what my dad did. She loved him too much to be worrying about him all the time. She didn’t want to add Noah and I to the list. This- along with other reasons- was why my dad had ‘abandoned’ us. 

Once again, another lie, my dad never abandoned us, in fact- he just traveled too much with the hunting. My mom didn’t want it to be hard on us, so she and my dad had agreed to make him seem like the bad guy. I didn’t understand their logic, and but I guess none of that matters now.

“I was going to wait to see you on your sixteenth birthday, and tell you about hunting then. But when the alpha attacked at that party, and I saw you there; I had to act quickly.” My father explained.

“But why did you knock me out? And why the hell did you tie me up?” I struggled against the chains that bound me. “Why am I still tied up?” I glared. I was furious that I had hated my father for the past 3 years over nothing. I was mad at him, my mom, and the damned hunting business in general.