9- A Day with Derek. Part 1

A/N Hey guys! So here is chapter 9, hope you likey! This is short, sorry. But it has to do with the plot you see!...hehe

Enjoy! xx

Chapter 9

I had no idea where we were going, and to be honest, I didn’t really care. I was mad at Noah for what he did, and I was going to do my best to avoid him for the day. Hanna, on the other hand, hadn’t faked a horrid death just to get a rise out of me, and she didn’t deserve me abandoning her at school. I sent her a text telling her that I was staying home, and I would explain everything else later.

Thankfully she didn’t ask questions, and she didn’t offer to skip and stay with me. I knew I had to tell her all the Derek details, but I wanted to save all the yelling for one time. It was kind of like ripping the band aid off really fast just so you don’t have to painfully pull it off slowly.

Derek led me as we walked, and he asked me little questions along the way. For the first 5 minutes, I answered back spitefully and rudely, still angry that he had said such harsh words to me earlier. I got over it quickly though. What can I say? Derek was way too attractive to be mean to 24/7. So don’t go judging me for giving into his good looks, because any sane girl would.

Derek asked me simple things, like my favorite color, food, music, etc. I asked him the same questions back. I was just as curious about him as he was about me. What I thought was crazy was that we had a lot in common. In fact, we liked a lot of the same things. At the same time, we did have some major differences.

“Star Wars all the way!” I enthused.

“Oh hell no, Star Trek is far more realistic.” He countered back.

“Oh, really? Do explain you lousy trekkie.” I snickered at my banter. I can be so funny sometimes!

He gave me a full on, detailed explanation on how Star Wars was set in the past, and couldn’t possibly be true because if it was, we would still have light sabers today. He then further stated his case that Star Trek was futuristic, and could possibly happen. I had no idea how that made it better, but I never got to ask because we came to this house as he stopped, and I asked, “This is your house?”

It was only a few blocks away from mine, who knew he lived so close to me? I sure as hell didn’t.

“Uh, yeah. I live here with my brother Nick.” He said, avoiding my gaze.

“What about your parents?” I asked innocently. Little did I know that was the worst possible question I could have asked him. I seemed to have struck a nerve; he shifted uncomfortably under my gaze.

He looked me dead in the eyes, “They were murdered 2 years ago.” He looked away from me now.

Boy do I sure know how to kill the happy-go-lucky vibe we had going on.

I put my hand on his shoulder, ignoring the electricity flowing through our touch, and gave him a sympathetic look, “I’m so sorry Derek, I… I didn’t know. Of course if I did I wouldn’t have even asked. Oh god I’m a terrible person. If you want to kill me now you can go ahead and do that. Oh no, I said kill. Can I say that around you? Oh god, I did it again! How could I be so insensitive? So rude and-”

Derek put his hands over my mouth to silence me, and call me crazy, but I felt sparks. “Nova, I’m going to say this as nicely as I can. Shut the hell up with your rambling!”

I moved his hand away from my mouth, not wanting to be released from his touch, but, a woman had to talk here! “So much for saying things nicely.” I mumbled as I let go of his hand.

“That was nicely, Nova.” He laughed lightly. He ushered me into his house, and man was it pretty! For two guys to be living here, I was shocked. “I thought that before we get going you might want to wash your face, you look like a train wreck.” He pointed to the bathroom.

I decided not to reply to his comment, and I went into the bathroom to fix my face. As I gazed into the mirror I realized Derek was right, I was a train wreck! I looked like my eyes bled black from makeup. I quickly washed my face, and when I was happy with my appearance, I walked out of Derek’s bathroom to not find him standing where he was before.

I walked down a hall and searched for him, and then I overheard Derek talking on the phone, “No Amber, I’m not coming to school today. And She isn’t either.” There was silence, followed by, “Well I’ve decided not to go along with your silly little plan. And you’re out of luck, you’re father can’t do anything to me or Nick. So sit your hunter ass down and stay out of my way.” Derek growled out.

I was starting to feel like a creepy stalker, so I knocked on the door to make myself present, “Um, Derek? I’m finished de-wrecking myself.”

His face softened and he said with a smirk, “Then let’s get out of here.”

He put his hand on the middle of my back as he led me out of his house, the main reason I didn’t protest was I had no idea where I was going, and the second; I loved the feeling of his hands on me, no matter how innocent they were.

We walked outside and into his car, I would be shocked that he drove a muscle car, but I’ve been inside it before, you know, when I wasn’t thinking rationally. When I was remembering my time in Derek’s car I started thinking of that night, it was only two days ago, and Derek and I both agreed to pretend that never even happened. Which was fine with me, I mean, how embarrassing is it to practically rip the pants off of a stranger? Stupid alcohol…

It was quiet in the car as I got lost in my thoughts, but I decided to break this silence before it got weird. “So Derek, do you mind telling me where we’re going?”

His eyes briefly shifted to mine, before he looked back to the road, “How are you with hiking?”

Hiking? Oh that means movement; I could do that, as long as Derek was walking with me. Maybe if he got hot enough he would take his shirt off I could see his yummy chest.

“I can do hiking.” I replied.

Throughout the rest of the car ride, Derek asked me questions about my family. He seemed really interested, I was starting to rethink that he was an arrogant asshat. Since he asked about my family, I told him all about my parents, and how my dad had left out of nowhere, and how that was the reason my mom moved us here. I told him how my mom was barely home because she worked herself to death at the hospital, and how my brother acted like a parent to me now. I also decided to tell him about Noah’s idiotic prank he pulled on me. Derek laughed at that, “I can’t believe he went through the trouble of that!” he managed to get out through his fits of laughter.

He glanced at me and saw that I was glaring at him, and stopped laughing, “Oh, uh, sorry. The wound is still fresh. I understand.” He took his eyes off of me and back on the road.

Before I knew it we were parked in an empty parking lot, and Derek was getting out of his car. I got out and walked to his side. I looked around, and saw a sign that said “Ravenwood Reserve: only authorized persons beyond this point.”

I gave Derek a weary look,”Uh, that sign says that we shouldn’t be here.”

He flashed a smile, and put his hand on my back as he led me towards the woods, “Oh little Nova, always worried about rules and such.” I rolled my eyes at his comment, and against my better judgment, followed Derek into the woods.

-----

A/N And she walked into the woods with the big bad wolf, hahaahaha. Cliff hanger I know, but I really wanted the woods to be in one condensed chapter. And what would you think of a Hanna P.O.V.?

Song- Blue Jeans, Lana Del Rey