≈Chapter XXIII :

Start from the beginning

"No, no, no." I said out loud shaking my head. I sighed and sat on my desk chair as my phone began to vibrate in my Chanel bag. I pulled it out and answered smiling, "Hey Ye ! " I greeted my best friend happily. I knew that she was going to entertain me. 

"Hey, D ! How are you doing ? " She asked with a London accent. 

I chuckled, "Why are you talking like that ? Please, stop. I'm good, what are you doing my best friend ? "

"Nothing special. I'm on my lunch break, hurray." 

I frowned slightly, "You don't sound that exciting. What's wrong ? "

"Nothing." She sighed in annoyance, "I'm just so tired of working everyday. I want to lay down somewhere and do absolutely nothing. I can't be this lawyer's assistant any longer or else I'm going to strangle him. And I'm for real this time."

I playfully rolled my eyes, "Of course..Like last time, huh ? What he's done this time ? "

"He's cheating on  his wife." She started as I shook my head.

"Again ! " We said in unison. 

"Yes, girl ! He's doing it again. This time it's with two different girls though, they're both in their twenties. One is living in Houston and the other in Canada. He said, if one of those two or his wife finds out, I'll be fired ! Can you believe this ? "

"Is he serious ? That bastard ! I hope he'll get caught by the three of them and they'll jump him all at once. Anyways, karma will take care of his ass sooner or later." 

"Hopefully very soon. I don't wish bad things on people usually, but this one right here..."

"He'll get what he deserves soon." 

"Yeah, talking about men..." She trailed and I groaned knowing she was about to say something that I won't like, "Dorian."

"What about him ? "

"C'mon now ! You saw him today, right ? I wanted to talk about this with you since our fun day at the paintball. What's going on between you two ? "

"See...We're way too grown to be doing this now. And anyways, nothing is going on between him and I. He's my patient and he's younger."

"Well, he doesn't seem that young to me."

"Then go have fun with him, I don't care ! " I was getting irritated with the conversation now. Why were we even talking about this ? About him like that ?

"Why are you raising your voice at me, though ? Ouuuuuuuh ! Let me find out, let me find out ! That my best frien-"

"Please, stop ! Stop." 

I heard her squeal, "You like him ! Am I right or am I not wrong ? "

I narrowed my eyes, "Same difference, right ? And you're wrong. I can't like a man younger than me. I mean, wha-eh-wha-what I would do ? I mean, we can't ! No, we're not allowed to do this. I do NOT like him ! "

"Well...Don't seem like it with the way y'all were flirting with each other at the restaurant. Remember ? " 

"Bitch where ? What are you talking about ? "

"Remember when Ryver and I went to wash our hands and we left you two some alone time at the table ? Y'all were so cute."

***

Ryver left the table as he went to the restroom and soon after his mom was standing up and went away after excusing herself. Now, there were only Dorian and I left around the table. We still hadn't our food, so we really had nothing to do. We stayed in silence looking everywhere around us, except at each other, until Dorian decided to break the quietness.