Photograph {Cam Newton}

So you can keep me

Inside the pocket

Of your ripped jeans

Holdin' me closer

'Til our eyes meet

You won't ever be alone

Wait for me to come home

Photograph- Ed Sheeran

Cameron Jerrell Newton had to be one of the nicest men you have ever met. No one made you happier than he makes you every day of your life. He was your best friend, the light of your life, and really just your everything. Lately, your relationship has been a bit rocky due to his major success as the Carolina Panthers quarterback. He has been working harder than ever before which means a lot because he works hard all the time. He got up at 6 in the morning and came home at 8 at night. You missed how everything used to be but you knew that saying anything would be selfish and you couldn't be selfish to the boy you love doing the thing that he loves.

You guys had planned on having a date night because he was supposed to get out of practice early that evening. You had put on his favorite outfit of his. Right when he said he'd be home, Cam walked through the door with a huge smile on his beautiful face.

"Damn, baby. You always look perfect princess. Let's get ready to go." You smiled. He always knew what to say to make to say to make you happy. "Oh, I hope you don't mind I invited over some football guys and their girls to hang out."

When he said that you were disappointed because you wanted to spend one on one time with Cam but decided not to say anything. We left to go to the restaurant that we had planned to go to for days. Everyone was already there. We greeted Luke Kuechly, Greg Olsen, and Jonathon Stewart with their girlfriends/wife, Brittney Moore, Kara Dooley, and Lily Clayton. We had such a great time, but you couldn't help but feel the discomfort when the boys started talking football. You could tell that the other women at the table looked uncomfortable too.

On the way to the car was what made you absolutely furious.

"I think we're going to stay at Luke's house if that's okay with you." You felt tears come to your eyes.

"Baby I don't want to be selfish, but don't you think we could stay in our house and cuddle like we used to."

"Well, Princess don't you want our team to succeed further and win the SuperBowl. We are going to have to work on our strategy as a team."

"You could go. It's whatever. Give me your keys and I'll see you when you are not too busy for me." You said while walking towards your shared car.
"Babe." You cut him off.

"I can't do this anymore Cam. Football is your number one priority as it should be. But I have to be selfish And I have to go because I can't hold back your football career and I need time to think." You take off your heels, tears continuously falling down your cheeks. You knew that you were going have to walk home because standing there with him made you sad and you couldn't do it anymore. "I need time Cameron. And I want you but Football needs you."

You didn't know what to do. Should you walk home? Should you call a taxi? Do you stay at a friends house? You didn't know what to do. Did he call out for you? Did you just break up with him? You decided to go to your shared home even though there was a possibility of him coming home. But he wouldn't be there. He has football priorities.

He's my priority.

You were halfway home when you realized you had left your keys at home because you had every intention of going home with Cam who had a key. You had become hopeless. He had been blowing up your phone once you got out of his sight. Should you call him back? Is he going to look for you? It didn't help that you saw everything blurry from the tears in your eyes.

Everything hurt. Why did you need to be so needy?

After a painful walk home, you finally arrived at your boyfriends car in the driveway. You definitely did not expect that. You walked slowly up the driveway. You could see Cam walking back and forth along the front porch. A habit he had picked up when he nervous. He noticed you when you walked up the stairs.

"Babygirl...." You walked past him to see an unlocked and open door. You walked into the house and dropped the shoes you were holding onto the floor. Your feet were killing you and all you wanted was a bath and your bed. But the guest bedroom was going to work for tonight. You wanted to cry even more. But didn't need to look to weak. But The mascara stains and swollen red eyes were too obvious to ignore.

"(Y/N) I'm sorry. I didn't know you were hurting like you were. I didn't think to even care about your feelings.I'm the selfish one.I took your love for granted. You deserve so much better than a boy who can give you an hour if even that a day. I am incredibly sorry that I don't pay attention to your needs and wants. If you were to walk away from me again I don't think I can take it. No matter how much football needs me. I only need you."

You were absolutely speechless. Why did he apologize? You could see the tears forming in his eyes."I should be the one saying sorry. Football has always been a dream of yours and I just wanted to spend some one on one time with you because i miss you and I love you. I'm sorry." Your brave face was gone. Tears falling together down your cheeks. You held onto Cam's arms as you cried in his chest.

"Come on let's watch movies and cuddle. Because I would rather do that with my favorite girl in the world than go over football plays which I do constantly. It's a one in a lifetime chance to meet your soulmate and I want to spend time with her whenever I can. I'm sorry for being selfish. I promise I'll make more time for you and I love you more than anything."

You smiled at how lucky you were to have an amazing boyfriend. "I love you. Let's go cuddle now."

Request! Request! Request!