48|Chase

CHAPTER 49

"It's Addison's birthday in a couple of days." Why did Joel feel the need to tell me that when I knew?

"I think we know Joel," Madison said quietly.

"Are you going to send her anything or what?" Joel asked us. We were hanging around with Joel and Leticia was supposed to meet up with us.

"Yes obviously," Madison replied.

Madison still wasn't over the entire thing so I wasn't surprised she was snapping at Joel like this. She had tried contacting Addison but Addison just simply wouldn't respond to her.

"Okay, okay no need to snap," Joel muttered and I smirked at him. He would usually mutter when he got offended and I thought that it was my duty to change the subject.

"Did you get her a present?" I asked.

"Yep."

"What did you get?" Madison asked currishly.

"A mug that says 'keep calm and love Addison'." I smirked and I knew for a fact that she was going to love it. Addison always loved things like that.

"Have the others got her a present?" Madison asked quietly.

"Yeah, Jade and Spencer got her a teddy bear, bracelets, candles, chocolates and a card between them both."

That was a lot of presents, I mentally noted to myself.

"What about the others?" I asked.

"Piper got her art portrait, Ben got her a case for her iPad, computer and phone and I'm not sure about Eric."

How did he even know this?

The doorbell rang so I got up to answer it as I felt like it was my duty because this was my house. I wasn't surprised when I saw that it was Leticia.

"Hey, come in," I said and she walked inside.

"So what are you all doing then?" She asked curiously as she narrowed her eyes at us.

"We were just discussing presents for Addison's birthday," Joel replied. Leticia nodded her head as she sat down beside him. She did feel awkward now that Addison's name had been mentioned, especially because Addison didn't really like her.

*****

"Chase," Madison said as she walked into my room the next day and I looked at her.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing really it's just been months and Addie still isn't talking to us."

If I was being honest I did expect this. I did cheat on her with her best friend.

"I know Mads but we just need to give her time," I replied trying to comfort her and she sighed loudly as she looked at me.

"How much more time do we need to give her?"

I shrugged my shoulders as I held my arms out for her and she sat down on my lap. She buried her face into my neck and I stroked her hair.

The door opened and Rosemary walked inside. She had an evil smirk on her face and I clenched my jaw. I really couldn't be bothered with her crap. She loved making Madison feel uncomfortable and I was getting sick of it.

She probably thought that she could make her leave.

She really was a kid in that sense.

Madison pulled away from me and stood up. "Chase I'm bored," she said causally. Our parents were out so I really wasn't surprised but she usually just did her own thing. She only wanted to hang out with me now because Madison was here.