5|Addison

CHAPTER 5

Hey are you busy? –Chase

"You're always on your phone get off it." I rolled my eyes at Isabella's comment.I wasn't always on my phone and whenever I was, I was talking to Chase.

Her car broke down so I was her ride for the morning which explained why she was in my room. I sighed at the text that Chase had sent. I didn't really want to cry but I could feel the tears forming in my eyes. "Hey," she said quietly as she got up from my bed and stood up in front of me.

"Don't say anything," I whispered and she sighed but nodded her head.

She just wrapped her arms around me and I sighed as I returned the embrace.

When we pulled away, I wiped my tears away and typed out a reply to Chase.

Yeah, I am busy right now but I will call you soon. I love you. –Addie.

Okay, I love you too. –Chase

His reply came very quickly unlike mine. I just couldn't help but feel that I was sort of neglecting him. I didn't want to make excuses but I really didn't even have time. All the unpacking and adjusting to life here in San Francisco was getting hard.

I slipped my phone into my back pocket and looked at Isabella who wanted to know what was wrong with me.

"Sorry," I said quietly and she scoffed, rolling her eyes.

"You don't need to apologise," she replied and I sighed loudly. "I get what it's like to miss someone." I didn't want to push her to talk because she clearly wasn't doing that to me. "Is it your boyfriend?" She asked quietly.

"Yeah."

"Is the long distance thing hard?" I sighed as I nodded my head.

"It's way too freaking hard. I barely have time to talk to him as it is." She gave me a small smile and patted my shoulder.

"It'll get easier, don't give up on him." I would be lying if I said that thought didn't come up because it did, but a two year relationship wasn't something I could easily throw away.

"I never had you down as someone who gave advice," I mocked and she rolled her eyes at me.

"And the heartless Addison I know is back." I rolled my eyes at her and folded my arms across my chest.

"Shut up, I'm not heartless."

"A few minutes ago I could vouch for that but now? I don't think I can." I rolled my eyes at her because she could really be annoying sometimes.

"Let's just go Isabella," I sneered and she rolled her eyes at me but followed me down the stairs.

We walked into the kitchen and Greyson looked at us. "Hi Ella," he said and she smiled at him. They were already getting along like a house on fire.

I knew my mother went to work early but I didn't know where my dad was. "Where's dad?"

"He also went to work."

"Where's Adrianna?" I questioned.

"In her room," he answered while texting and I nodded my head. If she wasn't here then I would have made him leave the house but seen as he wasn't alone, I wasn't going to overreact.

"Okay, come on Isabella," I said and she groaned before following me. I turned to look at Greyson and said "make sure you get to school on time, I don't want mom and dad on my case." He rolled his eyes as he mocked me and I ignored him, walking out of the house.