19|Addison

CHAPTER 19

A/N: This chapter has a racial comment and I'd just like to say it's just a character's thought and it isn't meant to offend anyone.

***

I walked over to Shane when I saw him at lunch.

I really needed a distraction because if I didn't get one, my mind would still be thinking about Boston and that was the last thing I wanted right now.

"Hey," I said as I sat down beside him, sipping my water bottle.

"Where's your lunch?" he asked.

"I don't want any, don't really have an appetite." He nodded his head and sat up.

"So how was Boston?"

"I don't really want to talk about that," I replied and he smiled.

"Fair enough.

"Where are Luce and Bels?" I asked and he shrugged his shoulders.

"No idea where Isabella is but Luciana has been ditching me for boys so I've had to hang out with cheerleaders."

"What cheerleaders?" I asked curiously.

"That would be me."

Veronica Clarkson sat in front of us. Also known as head cheerleader. Isabella hated her guts and whenever I asked her about it, she would just say she didn't want to talk about it. Shane and Luciana got along with her just fine though.

Her green eyes were piercing through me and her blonde hair was tied in a high ponytail.

"Isn't this awkward?" I said and Shane nudged me.

Veronica rolled her eyes at me and looked at Shane. "You're coming to my party next week right?"

He smirked as he eagerly nodded his head. "Good."

"Ads here can come too can't she?" he asked and she looked at me.

"Sure," she replied. "Can you persuade Isabella to come?" I raised my eyebrows at her.

"Why are you asking me and not Shane?"

"Because I've seen how close you two are and you could just drive her to my house, pretending you didn't know it was me. Shane knows where I live so you need to do it."

I looked at Shane who gave me an encouraging nod. "She is going to kill me if she finds out I lied."

"Well then you better make sure she doesn't find out," Veronica replied and I rolled my eyes.

"Addison I grew up with the two of them and this will do more good than harm. It's about time they spoke." If Shane was saying this to me then he obviously he had a point. Plus he knew the both of them more than I did so he would know if this was a good idea or not.

"Why does she hate you so much anyway?" I asked, looking at Veronica.

"Addie!" Shane said, frowning at me.

"What? I know she did something and I want to know if you want me to help you," I said looking at both of them.

"I just started a bunch of rumours about her to become head cheerleader," she replied.

"Oh my God you're sick," I said as I shook my head.

"Whatever, are you going to do this or not?"

"I'm not sure I will get back to you on that one," I replied and Shane glared at me. "Fine."

"Why is everyone suddenly paying attention to new girls?" A girl came over and asked Veronica who rolled her eyes. Veronica was only interested in me because Isabella and her friends were.