29|Addison

CHAPTER 29

"Dad can I ask you something?" I was in my dad's study office and he looked up at me.

"What?"

Okay, he was still angry with me for dying my hair. "I'm sorry for changing my hair colour," I said and he put his papers on his desk as he gave me his full attention.

"And why did you just do it without getting permission from your mother or me?"

"It's my hair, I don't see why I need to get permission. Am I going to need permission to breathe now too?" I asked sarcastically and he clenched his jaw as he just looked at me in disbelief.

"Addison," my mother warned as she walked inside and closed the door behind her.

"Why is he making such a massive deal out of it?" I snapped and my dad scoffed as he shook his head.

"I think this long distance relationship is messing with your head," my dad said and I rolled my eyes as I turned around to look at him.

"No the only thing that has messed with my head is the fact that you decided to move the entire family here just because you got a job offer," I replied and my mother put her hand on my shoulder, telling me to be quiet.

"Why did you come into my office Addison?" my dad asked.

"I wanted to know if you were still too mad to let me go to Boston."

"That is not happening," my mother replied and I turned to look at her.

"What? You're supposed to be the laid back parent," I said and she chucked.

"It's about time you spent time with Adelyn and I think that this one week holiday will be a great opportunity for you to bond again." I rolled my eyes at her comment because I would rather bond with Chase.

"Please?"

"No," my mother replied instantly.

"There's your answer Addison I guess you apologised for nothing," my dad said and I rolled my eyes.

"It wasn't like I meant it," I snapped before walking out of his office and going to my car.

I quickly rang Chase's number because I thought I had to break the news to him.

"Hey," I said.

"Hi," he replied.

"What's wrong?"

His voice wasn't as calm as it usually was so I knew that he was upset about something. I needed to know what was wrong with him.

"Nothing, anyway what's up?"

He was clearly hiding whatever was wrong with him just for the sake of it.

"I can't come to Boston. I'm sorry."

There was silence on the other end for a few minutes and I silently hoped that he wasn't angry at me because if he was, I didn't know what I was going to do. If he was annoyed then that would just put another strain on our relationship and we didn't need that right now.

"Oh."

"I'm sorry," I said quietly.

"Don't apologise." There was talking on the other end and I could tell that he wasn't alone. "Jade wants to talk to you," he said.

"Put her on."

"Hey," she said and a small smile formed on my lips.

"Hi."