20|Chase

CHAPTER 20

"Honey can you take your sister to the park?" My mother asked and I nodded my head.

It was Saturday and I would have loved to do something else but I was doing this instead.

"Rosemary we're going to the park," I said when she came into the living room and she looked at my mother who nodded her head. She squealed before going to get her bike.

"How's Addison?" she asked.

"She came to Boston a week ago."

"Addie came to Boston?" Rosemary walked inside with a hurt look on her face and I silently cursed myself.

"Rosemary-"

"She came and she didn't come to see me?" she asked and she was clearly hart.

Oh God.

"It wasn't like that-"

"So what was it like?" she asked in a rude tone.

"She came but it was literally for one day and she'll see you when she visits again I promise." She just shrugged her shoulders before looking at me.

"Can we just go?" she asked and I sighed before nodding my head.

"Chase." I looked at my mother and sighed. "What happened between you and Addison?"

"We're okay," I replied. "She literally came for one day and she only came because the girls were ignoring her. She didn't think of Rosemary, she would have made time for her if she remembered." My mother gave me a knowing smile but she did know Addison and she did love her. My entire family did.

"You miss her don't you?"

"Yeah," I said quietly and she stood up, wrapping her arms around me and I returned the embrace, not wanting to cry.

She pulled away to cup my cheeks using both of her hands as she looked at me. "Don't give up on her okay? Your father and I went through a long distance relationship and yes it was rough but at the end of the day it made us ten times stronger. Don't do anything to jeopardize this relationship." I nodded my head and kissed her cheek.

"Thanks."

"You're welcome, now don't keep your sister waiting," she playfully scolded and I smiled before walking out of the house.

Rosemary was putting her helmet on when I stood next to her. "Ready?"

"Yep."

"You know Addison didn't mean to hurt you," I said and she shrugged her shoulders.

"Well she did."

"Rosemary-"

She just ignored me and started cycling in front of me. I knew she was upset because she really did love Addison.

I remember a time when the three of us were spending the day together.

"Let's watch Barbie Addie!" Rosemary squealed as she looked at Addison who brushed her hand in her dark locks. I had known she was uncomfortable as she used to do that whenever she was uncomfortable.

"How about we do something else?" she suggested and I didn't say anything. I was excluded from this conversation the moment that Rosemary suggested Barbie.

"Like what?"

"I don't know, how about baking a cake?" Addison said wrapping her arms around Rosemary.