38|Chase

CHAPTER 38

"Absence makes the heart grow stronger."

I had to disagree with my dad's comment.

"That is not true," I said and he narrowed his eyes at me.

"What do you mean it isn't true?" He asked.

I knew my dad was suspicious of my relationship with Madison but he had never said anything.

Rosemary was also suspicious but she was a kid so she just spoke her mind.

She gave Madison dirty looks and always tried to make it seem like she did not belong to be here. She even asked her if she was going to be the new Addison but before Madison could even reply she said that she liked Addison better and that Addison was the only right person for me.

"What do you mean by that Chase?" He asked and I sighed loudly.

"Who said I mean anything?" I questioned.

"Because I know you and knew that your words meant something no matter how badly you want me  to ignore that."

I sighed and he folded his arms across his chest.

All I wanted to do was watch TV but my dad had to come here and speak to me.

"I don't love her anymore," I whispered and his face fell.

He put his hand on my shoulder and took a deep breath. "It's okay son."

"I am a cheat dad," I mumbled and I covered my face with my hand and he sighed as he wrapped his arms around me. He cupped the back of my head and I buried my face in his chest.

"I'm sure Addison will understand," he replied and I sighed loudly.

"She is going to hate me for ever."

"She won't."

I appreciated my dad's comment but I knew that Addison hated lies and she also hated cheaters.

I remembered a time when Addison got angry when Piper's ex-boyfriend cheated on her two years ago.

"You are with Madison aren't you?" He said and I nodded my head.

"Your mother and I knew it," he said quietly.

"I'm sorry I'm a cheat," he mumbled and I folded my arms cross my chest.

"Do you love her?"

"Who?" I asked.

"Madison," he answered simply and I pulled away from him.

"Yeah," I said quietly as I nodded my head.

He gave me a small smile as he patted my head. "Then you need to end it with Addison."

"I know dad but how am supposed to do that? It is so hard. Every time she calls me or texts me, I feel so guilty because of Madison. Dad you don't get it."

"Go and talk to Madison then," he said and sighed loudly before getting up and leaving.

Ten minutes later, I was at Madison's house who had Piper and Leticia round. "Hey," I said and she smiled at me, walking over to me and pecking my lips.

It had been while and we were comfortable in front of our friends to show our relationship and or love for one another. It wasn't like anyone could eve do anything about it.

"Why are you here?" Leticia asked playfully and I smirked at her.

"Because I wanted to spend my time with Mads," I replied. "But don't worry I didn't know she had you girls round."