44|Chase

CHAPTER 44

"When am I going to see Addison?" Rosemary asked and my mother sighed loudly as she looked at me.

"Don't ask that," she said as she looked at me.

"Mom its fine," I replied and she nodded her head

My mother left the room Rosemary sat down beside me. "So what do you want to do you little squirt?" I joked and she smiled at me.

"I just want to watch TV," she replied innocently and I nodded my head.

"Sure thing."

"Chase!" My mother said as she looked at.

"Yea?"

"I need to go out, are you okay to babysit?" She asked.

"Yes of course mom."

"Is there anything I can get you?"

My mom was flapping about ever since I had come home from the hospital.

"Nope I'm fine mom."

"Are you sure?"

Here she goes again – I mentally note to myself.

"Yes mom I'm sure," I replied and she nodded her head.

She turned her attention back to Rosemary, asking her the same question and she shook her head.

"Okay I love you two," my mother said and I smiled at her.

"We love you too," I replied for the both of us and she smiled at me before leaving.

"So it is just me and you," Rosemary said not taking her eyes of the TV screen and I chuckled as I nodded my head, draping my arm over her shoulder.

I looked at the screen but I wasn't really watching the film. Maybe if I had been ten years younger than probably would have been but right now, my thoughts were already occupied with the crash, Spencer, Madison and Addison.

Why did day life have to get so messy?

"Chase you are day dreaming and it's getting really annoying," Rosemary said.

"What?"

"Nothing," she mumbled.

I decided to call Addison who answered after four rings.

And that was when the nerves kicked in.

"Hey babe," I said trying to act like everything was still the same.

"Can you come over to the hospital?"

I realised just how much I had missed her voice. The fact that she didn't even greet me didn't go unnoticed by me.

"Now?" I asked as I was babysitting which meant that if it was now then I had to take Rosemary with me.

"Yes."

"Why?" I asked curiously.

"Spence wants to see you and seen as you put her in hospital you should come and see her." I had already done that but she kicked me out. I didn't say that though.

"I'll be there in five."

She hung up the phone and I looked at Rosemary switching the TV off.

I wrote a quick note to my parents telling them where we went and placed it on the coffee table.

"We're going," I said looking at her and she stood up beside me.

"The hospital."

When we got there, I told Rosemary to stay outside.

I gasped loudly once I saw that Spencer and Addison were cuddled in the bed. Jade was standing near hem and Piper and Madison were stood near the door.

"Hi Chase," Addison said and I smiled. It was a genuine one although she wasn't smiling, she was rolling her eyes.

Madison looked at me and was going to hug me but dropped her arms. "Oh no Madison if you want to hug him, then hug him, you've been doing a lot more than hugging for the past few months behind my back. Why feel guilty now?" Addison mocked sarcastically.

She knew.

"How?" I asked her and she scoffed.

"I saw you both when I first came to see you in your hospital room," she replied emotionlessly.

She was clearly hurting because we all knew that when Addison was hurt, she didn't cry or get emotional, she became bitchier than you ever thought was possible.

"We're done Chase," she said and I sighed but didn't say anything. "You're a coward you know that right? you didn't have the guts to end it with me properly so you fucked my best friend like a horny bastard," she snapped and Spencer wrapped her arm around her and she let her so she was obviously talking to Spencer. She was probably also talking to Jade too.

Rosemary walked inside and I silently clenched my jaw.

"Addie!" She yelled and Addison smiled at her as she got up to hug her. "I missed you," she said.

"I missed you too," Addison replied. "How have you been?" She asked tapping her nose.

"I've been good but I hate it when Chase kisses her," she said pointing to Madison. "She's so ugly," she replied and I was fuming.

How could she even say that?

"Don't be so rude Rosemary," Addison replied a she brushed her hair away from her face.

"But she is-"

"Rosie," Addison said quietly in sing voice and that always showed Rosemary that she needed to be quiet.

Addison told me that kids didn't need to be shouted at and hated it when I shouted at her.

Her phone began ringing and she looked at it before putting it in her pocket. "I have to go," Addison said, looking at Rosemary.

"But I only just saw you-"

"You'll see me again Rosemary I promise," she said. "Okay?" Rosemary nodded her head and Addison hugged her before hugging Spencer and Jade. "I'll text you two my address, I'm leaving tomorrow you better see me off."

"Of course we will," Jade replied and Addison smiled at her.

She turned to me and said "you cheat on Madison and I will kill you. Don't hurt her like you hurt me."

"I promise I won't." I said.

"Funny that, you said that to me," she sarcastically said and Madison sighed.

"Ads-"

"I don't want to talk to you Maddison," she replied instantly.

With that, she left.

I thought I would feel great once she knew but I didn't.

I felt miserable and judging by everyone's facial expressions I knew they felt the exact same way.