31|Addison

CHAPTER 31

I was lying down on the couch as a movie I hadn't seen before played in front of me.

Adelyn walked inside and switched the TV off before sitting down beside my stretched legs. "Did you want something?" I asked rudely and she rolled her eyes.

"How long is this going to go on?" she asked and I slowly sat up.

I had managed to avoid having this conversation with her but I didn't know how much longer I could avoid it.

"Look I'm sorry for not visiting or staying in contact," she said as she brushed my hair away from my face. "Seriously I'm sorry Addie but you're my baby sister and I love you. You can't ignore me for ever."

"I can try," I replied, shrugging my shoulders and she rolled her eyes at me.

"So you would really try and ignore me then?"

"Yes, why do you sound so surprised?"

"I'm sorry I hurt you Addie but you can't just shut me out." I rolled my eyes and didn't say anything. "Plus I bought a house in Boston so you can visit whenever you want to see your friends and use the fact that you're visiting me to cover for you."

I didn't say anything.

Yes this was an advantage but I was still annoyed.

"You broke your promise," I said quietly and she sighed.

"I know and for that I'm sorry. I seriously don't even know what to do to get you to talk to me again."

"And how am I supposed to know it won't happen again?"

"With the way you're acting now do your really think I am going to do this again?" she retorted and I rolled my eyes. She had a point.

She opened her arms, signalling a hug and I rolled my eyes but wrapped my arms around her neck and she returned the embrace. "I freaking missed you. It was five fucking years Lyn."

She sighed as she just held me tighter.

Adelyn and I had always been the closest but after she got married, I got close with Adrianna and Greyson.

"I know Ads," she said as she rubbed her hand up and down my back. "I missed you too," she replied as she kissed my hair and I pulled away from her.

"Aw look who's talking," mocked Greyson as he sat beside us on the couch and I rolled my eyes.

"Did Tabitha get tired of you and dump your ass?" I mocked.

"Shut up," he snapped and I smirked, knowing he was offended.

"Tabitha is pretty cool," Adelyn said but I decided not to say anything.

I didn't think she would hurt Greyson but I wasn't the best of friends with her either.

My phone vibrated and it was a text from Shane.

Meet by George Street in ten minus. –Shane

I rolled my eyes because he wasn't even asking me he was basically demanding it.

"I'm going out," I said looking at them both.

"Mom and dad have gone out too," Greyson replied and I shrugged my shoulers. He just scoffed and Adelyn raised her eyebrows at me.

"Where are you going and who are you going with?"

"It's a little too late for you to be acting like the older sister," I mocked and Adelyn rolled her eyes. "Sorry," I added. "I'm going to meet a friend I don't even need your permission."