26|Chase

CHAPTER 26

There was a time when I loved Valentine's Day. Unfortunately, today wasn't one of those times.

I hated the heart shaped chocolates and the teddy bears. I hated the fact that people made a big deal out of it.

I was sitting at Starbucks during my spare period waiting for Ben to meet me here. "Hey," he said as he sat down opposite me and I sighed in relief because I thought I was going to be here alone.

"Finally, what time do you even call this?"

"Shut up I am here."

"Ten years later."

He rolled his eyes and sipped his coffee. "So it's Valentine's day."

The decorations in the shop were making feel sick. There were couples in the shop who were looking loved up. There was this one boy who had his arms around the girl as they whispered to one another. 

Why couldn't that be Addison and me?

"You're thinking of Ads aren't you?" sometimes I hated the fact that Ben knew me so well. He could read me like a book. "Come on don't get all depressed, she wouldn't want that would she?"

"And what about what I want?"

"Chase," he said quietly and sighed loudly.

"Sorry."

"You don't need to apologise I know how hard this long distance thing is for both of you."

I gave him a grateful smile before I changed  the topic.

"So are you going to the party?" I asked and he nodded his head.

"I think everyone is," he replied and I rolled my eyes.

"Yep."

"You are coming aren't you? I'm sure it was Leticia who told me you were coming." A small smile appeared on my face as I nodded my head.

I did have to admit that spending it with my friends was better than getting depressed watching the DVD that Addison had sent me.

"Yeah even though I have no date."

"So? I don't have one either," he replied with a smirk as he sipped his coffee again.

"So? You are going to be dancing with girls okay so that is not the same."

"You can dance with girls too chase."

"I can't-"

"Why not? It isn't like you would be cheating on Addison. I'm sure Ads will be dancing with guys too."

I just shrugged my shoulders because I hated the thought of her dancing with other guys.

*****

The entire halls of the school were decorated with pink posters. Everywhere I turned, it was like the fact that I would be spending this time without Addison was being shoved down my throat. How did couples who were in a long distance relationship do this?

There were hearts along the top of the halls, as well as advertisements for the party. It was too late to be advertising it as it was happening now.

"Happy Valentine's day." I turned to look at Madison and plastered a smile on my face.

She was wearing a purple dark dress and I was wearing a grey suit. "Happy Valentine's day.""

"What are you even doing here? Everyone is in the hall." I clenched my jaw. I was just about to go home but she didn't need to know that because if she did the would never even hear the need of it.