21|Addison

CHAPTER 21

"I need a job," Isabella muttered.

I was trying to do my Calculus homework because it was due for tomorrow.

"Are you even listening to me?" she asked as she sat down on my bed. She had been ranting about something but I wasn't really paying attention.

"Bels I'm trying to do my homework," I replied and she clenched her jaw.

"Okay fine," she said quietly and I closed my book.

"Okay it's gone," I said throwing my book on the floor and she rolled her eyes, picking my book up and gave it to me.

"No, do your homework," she replied.

"I'll do it later, come and tell Addie what you have been saying for the past hour." She glared at me and I gave her an innocent smile.

"You mean you haven't been listening?"

"The homework was really hard," I replied and she rolled her eyes at me as she gave me a death stare.

I pulled her closer to me and she sat down on my lap. "Seriously, what were you saying?"

"My mother left," she said and I looked at her.

"What?" I gasped.

"She just packed her bags and left," Isabella repeated. "She didn't say where she was going, this posh man came to pick her up though," she said quietly.

I wrapped my arms around her and she buried her face into my neck. "Seriously you deserve better."

"I don't-"

"No I am not going to listen to you talking bad about yourself okay." She sighed but nodded her head.

"I don't get it, what the hell could I have done for my own mother to hate me so damn much. I mean I know I am a handful but I just don't understand it-"

"You shouldn't need to understand it. She shouldn't be neglecting you like she has Bels and I'm sorry if this comes across as rude but I don't care. She has an amazing daughter that she has been blessed with and she takes that for granted. There are people out there in the word dying to have kids and she just throws it away. If that is not selfish then I don't know what the fuck is."

She sighed loudly as I wiped her tears away and kissed her forehead.

"I need a job Addison-"

"When do you turn eighteen?" I asked.

"In two months," she replied.

"So you just need to work for two months-"

"We're badly in debt because of her alcohol problem. The money my dad left for me was supposed to be for college. I think I should sell the house and just get a flat-"

"You're talking nonsense," I replied as I stroked her hair. "We'll get you a small job that pays amazingly well."

"Where am I supposed to find a job like that?" she snapped, panicking and I smirked.

"I have an idea."

"What?"

"My mother works in the modelling industry. She could get you a job as something and make sure you're a star." She rolled her eyes as she pulled away from me.

"Yeah right Addie, that's a funny joke," she said with a small smile.

"I'm not my joking, my sister is a model and gets paid a lot. My other sister rejected my mother's offer and became a doctor instead. I don't want to be anything-"