36|Chase

CHAPTER 36

"Can I ask you something?" Madison asked.

She was hanging out with me in my room.

Our parents thought that we were still working on our project but we had finished that and now we could relax. Our parents were at work so we both ditched our classes today to just hang out with one another.

"Shoot," I replied and she playfully rolled her eyes at my comment.

"You said you were in love with me," she recalled and I nodded my head silently encouraging her to continue speaking.

"Yes, I believe I did," I formally replied to get rid of some of the tension in the room and she grind.

"Are you going to break up with Addison or what?" She asked and I sighed loudly.

This was something I was avoiding.

"Hey you don't have to," she said as she cupped both of my cheek and sighed.

This wasn't fair to her or Addison. They both deserved more.

"No I am," I replied and she gave me a small smile.

I grabbed my phone and said "you know what? I am actually going to text her row."

We need to talk.

When I sent it, I showed it to her, Madison looked at me. "Shies going to know that something is wrong because you haven't sighed if off like you usually do."

"It doesn't matter," I said as I kissed her cheek convincing her that nothing was wrong.

"What are you going to do when she calls or replies?" She asked and I sighed.

"I'll tell her the truth."

Tears formed in the eyes and my face fell as could feel my heart break as I looked at her. I couldn't stand seeing her like that so I wrapped my arms around her.

She nestled her face into my neck and I rubbed my hand up a down her back as I kissed her hair. "What's wrong Meds?" I asked and she sighed loudly.

"She is going to hate me."

I sighed instantly knowing that she was referring to Madison. "She isn't going to hate you-"

"She is, how can she not? Jade already hates me," she mumbled and I sighed. I hated the act that she was hurting. I mean coldness she just be happy?

Jade and Spencer had been avoiding both of us like the plaque.

Jade would throw us disgusted looks but Spencer wouldn't even do anything. When they walked past us, they didn't even look our way, nevermind say anything.

I knew this hurt Madison because those two girls were like her sisters and they were doing this.

"We are going to get through this aren't we?" She asked quietly. Her voice was barely above whisper.

"Of course we are," I insisted as I kissed her forehead.

My phone began ringing a while later and I looked at it to see Addison calling. She saw it and then looked at me. "Oh God," I said quietly.

"You don't have to pick up," she said quietly and sighed loudly.

"I do."

"Okay," she said quietly as she pulled away from me and I answered the call.

"Hey," I said calmly as I answered the phone. Madison placed her hands on my leg for comfort and I gave her a grateful smile.

"Hi," she replied.

The brightness was gone from her tone and it sounded like she was dull.

"How have you been babe?" I asked.

I felt Madison's body tensed beside me and I gave her a small smile.

"Stop," Addison demanded.

"Stop what?"

"Stop trying make a conversation with me after you sent me that stupid text," she replied and I sighed.

I could detect the hurt all over her tone.

"I'll make it easier for you Chase are you breaking up with me?"

I looked at Madison who heard Addison's questioned and looked at me. She bit her lip a she looked at the floor.

"No babe of course not-"

"So why would you text we need to talk then?" She snapped.

"I barely see you," I said quietly. "I said that because we barely talk. We barely call or text Addie and I want to fix it."

"Oh."

My face fell once is saw Madison.

She was trying to keep everyone together but I could see that she was hurt.

"Babe I have to go, I will call you tonight okay?"

"Okay," she replied.

I hung up and Madison sighed loudly as she looked at me. "I thought you were going to tell her."

"I was but it was way harder than I thought it would be," I said as I wrapped her arms around her and sighed in relief once she let me. "I think I'm goings tell her whenever she visits or if I visit her. This needs to be done five to face."

"I know," she mumbled and I tucked loose strands of her hair behind her ear.

"We'll get through this Madison I promise," I said as I stroked her hair.

I didn't know if I was trying to convince her or myself.