28|Chase

CHAPTER 28

I didn't want to see any one which was why I was sulking in my room. I didn't really have the right to sulk but here I was.

My bedroom door opened and my dad walked inside. "It's the start of the holidays," he said and I rolled my eyes.

"So?"

"So why are you in your room?" he asked and I shrugged my shoulders.

"Because I want to stay in my room," I replied and he closed the door behind him as he sat down on my bed. "Can I ask you something?" I asked.

"Of course."

"Can I go to San Francisco?" I asked and my dad sighed as he cupped his forehead.

"You've been before, let Addison come," he replied.

"She came last time-"

"For what Chase? a day? That doesn't count." I sighed even though I knew it was true. I just wanted to see her and I hoped that would happen. Kissing Madison didn't really help the situation either.

"Eric called the house phone seen as you switched your phone off." I raised my eyebrows at him and he continued. "Your friends are going to a carnival and they would like it if you joined them."

"I'm not in the mod."

"Chase," he said and I sighed loudly. I hated these talks with my dad. They were man to man talks.

"Dad don't make me go to that stupid carnival," I muttered and he sighed loudly as he folded his arms.

"I'm not going to do that. You are old enough to make your own mind up."

"I know."

"This relationship with Addison is doing your head in," he said and I rolled my eyes at him.

"It isn't, its fine." He narrowed my eyes at him as he silently mocked my  answer. I believed that our relationship was fine and I didn't care if he disagreed with it because this was our relationship not his and it didn't have anything to do with him.

"It isn't, you're going to get depressed if you carry on like this."

"You and mom got through it."

"I know but that was because I didn't mope around every single day."

"Fine," I snapped as I stood up. "I'll go to this stupid carnival then."

I just hoped I didn't see Madison.

*****

I parked my car in the car park and got my phone out, dialing Addison's number. "Hey," I said, smiling when she answered.

"Hello to you too," she replied.

"How are you doing Ads?"

"I'm doing okay considering everything," she said quietly. "What about you?"

"The same, only I miss you and I want to visit but my dad isn't letting me."

"Oh."

"Do you think you could visit?" I asked quietly. I hated that I was asking her this but I needed to see her. Maybe these feelings from Madison would stop then.

"I don't know," she replied quietly. "I'm not on good terms with my dad," she added.

"Why? What happened?"

"I dyed my hair and he went nuts, he's so controlling," she muttered and I chuckled. Peter was a great dad but he was over protective over his kids and Addison was the only one who really challenged him so they didn't get on some times.