16|Chase

CHAPTER 16

I held Addison in my arms even though she was asleep and she told me to leave.

She had basically cried herself to sleep and I felt my heart drop once I saw her in so much pain. I had never seen her like this and it was a state I never wanted to see her in ever again.

Slowly, she started stirring in her sleep and I stroked her hair.

I got my phone and texted Spencer telling her to bring the breakfast that she made up in here.

Addison's eyes opened and looked at me. She gasped and sat up. "What are you doing in here?" she asked and I sighed.

"Addie-"

"Did you sleep with me?" She asked and I sighed. "Did you or did you not sleep with me against my will?"

She was making it sound like I was some kind of perv.

Since all the years that I knew her, she had never acted like this with me. I didn't even know how to respond to her comment.

Spencer walked inside and looked at me. "He slept in the guest room, I slept with you," she said and Addison didn't say anything.

She got up and went to the bathroom, locking the door.

Spencer placed the tray on the bedside table before looking at me. "Her head is all over the place you have no idea what Madison and Piper said to her with Leticia there with a massive grin on her face. They tore her down," she whispered so that Addison didn't hear us.

"What about Jade?" I asked, matching her tone.

"At first she was a dog but she followed us when we left and cried with Addison when she was crying."

I sighed because I didn't understand why girls had to be so mean.

Addison walked back out and looked at us. "Are you guys going to the fundraiser?" she asked quietly.

"Yeah," Spencer replied. "Are you coming?"

"No," she said quietly.

"You can't let them get to you," I said and she ignored me.

"I haven't asked you for your advice Chase," she snapped and I nodded my head. I wrapped my arms around her and kissed her cheek.

"I love you," I said and she sighed.

"I love you more."

I smiled once I realised she was still her old self. "Not possible," I said and she smiled at me.

"I'm sorry I've been weird," she said quietly and cupped her chin.

"Ignore whatever those bitches said to you Addie, they are jealous of you and I will be damned to have them ruin your last day here. It isn't even a day it's practically a few hours."

"I'm fine," she insisted and I sighed.

"You're not-"

"I'll talk to her," Spencer said and I nodded my head, leaving them to it.

I walked into the kitchen where Isabella was washing a few dishes. "Morning."

She turned to look at me and said "morning." I put the kettle on and she sighed. "How is she?"

"She doesn't want to go to the fundraiser," I replied.

"I thought she was planning to go?" It was supposed to be a statement but it came out as a question. That was exactly how I was feeling when I first found out.