9|Addison

CHAPTER 9

"I'm going to talk to Spence," I said, breaking away from him and he nodded his head.

"Good luck." I chuckled, smiling at him before walking inside my house.

Adrianna was chatting away with Spencer and they both stopped once they saw me. "I'm going to leave you to it," Adrianna said as she gave me a small smile before leaving.

Spencer didn't even look at me, she was looking at her phone. "Do you want to go up to my room?" I asked breaking the small silence.

"Nope."

"Spencer," I warned and she just rolled her eyes at me. "Spencer, please." She looked up at me as she sighed and stood up.

"Lead the way," she said coldly and I ignored her attitude as we walked into my room.

She was silent, looking around the walls. I had pictures of all my friends on my walls. I saw a small smile creep up on her lips as she looked around.

"Do you like it?" I asked quietly and she nodded her head.

"What happened to that wall?" She asked, pointing to the empty one near the window.

"I ran out of pictures." Her smile widened as she sat down on my bed and I sat down next to her. "Firstly before I even say anything I want to do this." I leaned forward and engulfed her in a big hug. She sighed but nestled her face into my neck. "I have missed you so much Spence, don't underestimate that."

She pulled away slowly as a tear rolled down her cheek. "Spence." I sighed as I wiped it away with my hands.

"I miss you Addison. I miss you so much and it hurts having to walk down the school corridors that we once used to roam because you're not there."

I didn't know what to say so I stayed quiet. "I look at the empty seat beside me in my classes and close my eyes, just hoping that when I open them you'll be there, but you're not." I sighed loudly because I knew she was feeling bad when Chase told me but I didn't realise it was this bad.

Spencer had always been a tough cookie and if this was affecting her like this then I really didn't want to know how it was affecting everyone else.

"I'm so sorry that I had to leave Spencer. If I had a choice then you have to know I would've never left Boston."

"You've forgotten us."

"No I haven't-"

"Yes you have because you've moved on."

"I haven't forgotten any of you," I whispered as I tucked loose strands of her hair behind her ear. "I love you guys how could I forget you?" she shrugged her shoulders and I sighed, wrapping my arms around her shoulders. "Spence you have to believe me."

"I do it's just hard."

"Why is it hard?" I continued stroking her hair as I realised how she had visibly relaxed. This was the one action that always calmed her down.

"Everyone else has sort of moved on. There's a freaking new girl and I feel like ripping her cheap fake extensions out." I chuckled at her comment and kissed her forehead.

"Don't go starting fights, you know I won't like that."

"I know," she whispered. "But she's a dog." She sat up to look at me and continued. "I got into an argument with Jade the other day. She is literally Leticia, the new girl's best friend. And she is the captain of the cheerleading team. I had to drop out."