41|Addison

CHAPTER 41

I had stayed in my car for hours to think. My head was all over the place and I needed somewhere to clearly think without having people distract me.

Looking at the time, I realised it was seven and it was starting to get dark. I had lots of missed calls from my parents, Greyson, Adrianna and my friends.

My phone started ringing and sighed loudly once I saw it was it was Isabella calling.

I declined the call and she texted me.

Call me now, seriously –I

I sighed loudly but called her. "What do you want Isabella?"

"Where the hell are you?" She retorted instantly.

"None of your business."

"Your mom is worried sick," she said and I sighed loudly, not saying anything. "It's getting dark Addie, come over to mine."

"Isabella-"

"Please Addie, for me," she replied and I sighed loudly. "I'll call your parents and tell them you're staying over with me."

I took a deep breath as I silently thought of the pros and cons of that before agreeing and hung up the phone.

Someone knocked on my car window and I jumped before looking at an old woman who sat down in my passenger seat. "Can I help you?" I asked and she gave me a small smile.

"Hi, I couldn't help but notice that you were parked here for hours. Are you okay?"

I nodded my head and she sighed. "You're a young girl, you've clearly been crying," she added and I sighed loudly.

"I'm fine."

"No you're not," she replied.

I silently wondered why she even cared.

"I live right there," she said, pointing to a house opposite where my car was parked. "I thought you would go just soon but you have been here literally for hours. Do you need anything?" She asked and she had concern written all over her face.

"No thank you," I replied and she nodded her head.

"What's your name?" She asked.

I silently wondered whether I should give her my real name or a fake one. But she looked harmless and she was clearly in her old ages. "I'm Addison," I said and she smiled at me.

"I'm Cathy," she said. "I live alone so if you need someone to talk to then you can come on-"

"No thank you," I said cutting her off.

"What seems to be the matter?" She asked and I sighed loudly.

"I'm just having a bad day," I answered and she nodded her head.

"Wait are you Addison as in Josephina O'Grady's daughter?" She asked and I raised my eyebrows at her.

"Yeah," I said softly.

"Your mother is a darling," she said but I didn't say anything. I would probably agree but with the conversation I had withh er this morning, I was not going to agree with that.

"How do you know her?" I asked quietly.

"She uses my flower shop for some photo shoots with her clients sometimes," she said and I nodded my head.

My phone started ringing and it was Isabella probably hassling me about where I was.

"I'll leave you to it Addison but if you ever need anyone to talk to and you want to get away from your life, don't ever stay alone in a car when anything could ever happen. You come straight to my house okay?" I smiled at her because she was pretty cool.