8|Chase

CHAPTER 8

I needed to make it right with Addison because if I carried on like this, I wouldn't be able to cope.

Spencer and I had caught a flight to San Francisco to surprise Addison. I thought I would get Spencer to come with me because Addison's move had affected her more than the others.

"What if she doesn't want to see us?" Spencer asked me. We were sitting at the back of the airplane and she had been freaking out.

"She will."

"Oh don't kid yourself, you even said she's mad at you." I groaned getting very annoyed that she had chosen to remind me.

"We'll sort it out."

"If you insist."

I glared at her and she gave me an innocent smile. "Besides maybe if you weren't too busy flirting with Leticia all the time, she wouldn't have gotten mad."

"I wasn't flirting with her, she was flirting with me."

"You allowed her to."

"Why are you getting involved?" I asked and she scoffed, feeling offended by my question.

"I'm getting involved because you are going to crush my best friend's heart in the palm of your hand. I am not going to let you do that."

I sighed as I folded my arms across her chest. It wasn't my intention to hurt Addison.

"I'm not trying to-"

"I don't care about what you're trying to do. I've seen the way you are with Leticia."

Okay maybe we did flirt but I just didn't want to think about it. It wasn't my fault she made me forget.

"It's never your fault is it?" Spencer snapped and my eyes widened. "Yes you said that out loud," she mocked and I just rolled my eyes at her. She could be a dog whenever she wanted to be.

"You're over reacting"

She rolled her eyes and decided not to bother with me as she leaned back in her seat and closed her eyes.

*****

We stopped over at Addison's house, leaving our things in her guest room before taking her car as Adrianna gave us the keys.

When we arrived at the school, we got out of the car and decided to wait. Spencer was leaning her back against the car and I just stood still, feeling uncomfortable.

Five minutes later, she emerged with two girls and a boy by her side. Her eyes locked with mine and I saw that her body tensed.

The boy said something and the two girls laughed but Addison had a hard look on her face.

Spencer looked at me once she realised I stopped talking and followed my gaze. She gasped once she saw Addison and ran over to her. "Oh my God," she said as she threw herself onto Addison who chuckled and returned the embrace.

"What are you doing here?" Addison asked and Spencer pulled away.

"Rude."

"No I didn't mean it in a rude way, I'm just shocked to see you," she replied.

Spencer looked back at me before looking at Addison. "Well Chase and I wanted to see you." Addison's face became pale but Spencer didn't comment on it and said "anyway are you not going introduce us to your friends?"

"Yeah where are your manners?" the boy mocked and she rolled her eyes.

"Shane, Luciana and Isabella," she said motioning towards them. "Guys this is Spencer."