The Girl with Scarlet Wrists Chapter 22

Start from the beginning

"She's not my 'f*ck buddy' Layla. Why can't you get that through your head!"

"Because you cheated on me!" I yelled back in his face.

"I didn't that's what I was going to tell you. Amanda brought me a drink and it tasted kind of funky but I didn't realize she would be desperate enough to something in my drink."

"Yeah right, how long did that take for you to make that one up?"

"I didn't. Here read this." He handed me a folded card out of his leather jacket.

Even through all this, I still couldn't stop thinking about how hot he was.

I scanned over the letter.

And then I did it again.

That bitch. She drugged him.

He wasn't lying.

She made Chase think that he cheated on me to break us up. She made his life hell. I can tell it was her handwriting, the same one that was enscribed on her arm.

My eyes watered. He still loved me.

"Oh Chase, I'm so so sorry." I sat up and crushed him to me.

He ran his fingers through my long hair. "I've missed you so much Layla."

I crashed my lips into his, allowing his tongue grateful entrance. Tangling my hands in his hair I pulled him closer as he embraced me.

Of course bad timing had to rear it's ugly head right about now.

Will stepped in the room, and the look of betrayal on his face made my heart plummet into my stomach.

"Will I-"

"It's nothing Layla. Now I know."

"Will don't!" I went to get up but my arm was attached to an IV.

"Shh, It's okay Layla I'll go handle it." Chase kissed my forehead.

I nodded and sat back onto the bed.

Staring up at the ceiling tiles I wondered what my life would be like if my parents didn't die.

I slowly drifted off into sleep.

*****************

So soft.

Fluttering my eyelids open I saw I was in my room again.

I also saw it was like six in the morning.