The Girl with Scarlet Wrists Chapter 7

1 week later:

It was pouring rain outside, but there I was sitting on the porch just because I could.
Camille was dead.

Her abusive father beat her, and she ran out into the street and was hit by a car.
It should have been me, Camille was the nicest person you could ever come encounter with. She was everyone’s friend. she wouldn't harm a fruit fly if it landed on her apple.

Her funeral was last Friday. I didn’t cry. I couldn’t. I don’t know why. I’ve become so emotionally unattached to everything and everyone. Chase can’t even get through to me, and I can tell he’s frustrated.

I don’t blame him, but I just can’t feel anything. Marissa wanted me to go to a shrink, but I told her I’d rather kill myself.

 They're concerned, I wouldn’t even let them bring Julia around me, I couldn’t handle that ball of sunshine when im this unstable.

That’s what the nurse calls me. Unstable. I’ll show that cunt who’s unstable when I send one flying to her face.

I’ve been violent lately. Very violent. My cutting has gotten worse as well, now I have cuts that go all the way up to the crease of my elbow.

Maybe I should start on the next arm. A thought. I tapped my foot in the mush and counted beats.

There was some yelling inside and it sounded like Marissa and someone. Not Rick someone younger. I stood up and wrung out my hair, Opening the door I left my soaked shoes in the shoe room and wrung out my cardigan.

I snuck over to the living room wall and hid behind it eavesdropping on the conversation. I didn’t have to listen hard, you could hear their conversation throughout the house.

“I don’t think it’s a good idea.” Marissa said tapping the heel of her pump.

“Well I do, it’s the only way she’s going to get better. Have you seen her cuts? They stretch up her arm now. Do you want her to hurt her self?” Chase?

What the hell is he doing here, and telling Marissa about my… my… I don’t know what its called. My “Condition” "Hobby?".

“No I don’t, but she’s going to think that were abandoning her, just like all those other families. Do you really want to put her through that again!”

“Of course not but she’s not going to get better, without professional help. Its too late for peers and family to help when she’s already this far into the disorder.”

Oh so now I have a disorder. Lets see, im “Unstable.” “Wreckless.” “And I have a disorder?” Wow. That’s a record.

“My daughter does not have a disorder! And how do you know its too late. Your not a professional, maybe we can still help her.”

“It’s too late! I told you my sister had the same thing.”

“And how did she turn out? A fine young lady I suspect?”

Uh-Oh. This is a touchy subject for Chase.

“No! she didn’t would you like to know why?” His voice was rising.

“Because she’s dead. Okay? She slit her wrists in the bathtub. Would you like the same thing to happen to Layla? Of course not. So that’s why I’m suggesting you enroll her in this institute.”

Woah woah wait. They are sending me to a looney shack. Oh hell no.

“Excuse me, but considering its my life don’t I get a say in it?” I counterd stepping into the living room.

Chase turned towards me with pure rage on his face. “No! you’ve gotten all your say excluded from this because you can’t take care of yourself. Other people have to do it for you. Your unable to the point where there is no other option.”

“Excuse me! I am very able to take care of my own self. -I rose my voice-, and im sick of all of you telling me what Im able to and what I’m unable to do.”

“Layla look at your self. You’re a mess, if Amanda gave you an IV needle instead you’d be on drugs instead of cutting. You have no control over your own life, you let everyone influence you because you weak!” he yelled back at me.

And the quarrel began.

“I am not weak, you the one who needs to be in everyone’s business. You can’t let anyone have a life without you butting in all the time!”

“Im not in everyone’s business. I did this because I care but you take what ever people give to you and throw it back in their faces!”

“THEN LET ME! Let me live my life the way I want to and stop acting like a teenage cheerleader who has to always know the hottest gossip!”

“That’s not true and you know it. You cant ever admit your wrong! You always have to be right. ALWAYS! That’s who you are!”

“WELL I MIGHT AS WELL END UP LIKE YOUR SISTER! YOUR GOING TO DRIVE ME TO IT ANYWAY!”

Silence.

“I think, Layla that you should go. Just to try it out.” Marissa reasoned.

“WHAT! Your suppose to be my mother. Which means you have to be on my side. You cant let them take me to some wacky shack! You cant do it.” I felt my knees get weak and I started to get lightheaded.

“Layla I have no choice, you never told me about those files. If you had then it I could've helped you.

***************************************

Thanks for reading :D Thoughts? Did they make the wrong decision? What do you think.
Comment/Vote/Fan. :D Upload soon.
~Jaynet_Stewart