The Dragon Girl

(Ok, so we're still with Sphintus today...and only one person commented on the 35th chapter and I'm staring to get a little impatient...so I'm not gonna wait for anymore comments on it. Artistiqque was that only person. Be sure to follow and congratulate her for being brave and having an absolutely wonderfilled idea! Though, her idea won't be happening in this chapter, this chapter will lead to her idea!)

In Sphintus' hand was a tiny girl with leathery wings. She was only about the size of the jar she had been held captive in.

"Master." The girl looked up at Sphintus with bright amber eyes and muttered that word.

"W-Who?! Me?" Sphintus was surprised at the girls words. He wasn't her master....was he?

"Yes. You, master." The girl smiled up at him.

Sphintus' eyes widened. Then he had a great idea.

"So...if I'm your master...you have to do anything I say...right?" Sphintus asked with a small smile.

"Yes, master." The girl nodded.

"Hey, Sphintus you better not have any perverted ideas!" Vegvísir warned him.

"Oh, don't worry I'm not that kind of person...as in I don't have a fetish for tiny people." Sphintus gave her his best smile.

Vegvísir shook her head with a sigh. Why was she still hanging around with him?

"Master, what's a fetish?" The girl asked.

"Nothing important. Now, what's your name?" Sphintus gave her a warm smile.

"My name is Zmaj." Zmaj replied. (Her name means dragon in croatation...I think that's how I spell it! :D)

"Nice to meet you, Zmaj." Sphintus gave her a bright smile and nodded.

"Master, do you need me to do anything for you?" Zmaj asked, already knowing his answer.

"Yeah, I need you to take Vegvísir and I to my brother." Sphintus replied.

"Your brother?" Zmaj closed her eyes and cocked her head to the side. She was deep in thought.

"So? Can you take us to him?" Sphintus asked with a hopeful smile.

"Yes. But it will take about a day to get there... he has traveled quite a lot since he reached this land of dreams." Zmaj said dreamily.

"Ok, then where is he?" Sphintus asked hopefully, a day wasn't that long!

"He is in the River God's castle." Zmaj replied.

"No! Not there!" Vegvísir's eyes widened.

"Why? Is that place bad?" Sphintus asked Vegvísir with a confused frown.

"Yes! Both the River God and his son are notorious for going on killing spree's!" Vegvísir cried out in worry, if Koe was there that meant both Noir and Libellule were there. And Noir was her brother. (Obviously an adopted brother...cause Vegí doesn't have kitty ears lol)

"What!? We need to get there now!" Sphintus was worried now...what if he was to late?

"Zmaj, take us there now! Use magic or something!" Sphintus demanded.

"I don't have strong enough magic to get us there automatically...and it would be dangerous to try." Zmaj warned Sphintus.

"But, I do have a means of transportation that could get us there in about...five hours at the least." Zmaj shrugged.

"Ok, use it!" Sphintus begged her.

"Ok, master." Zmaj fluttered out of his hands and to the ground about ten feet away.

Then she started to glow and in a hushed voice she said,

"I would back up a little if I were you."

"Why...?" Just as soon as Sphintus said this a blast of energy threw everyone within a twenty foot radius back.

"Argh!" Sphintus groaned. He had been thrown straight into a wall.

Not to far from Sphintus Vegvísir lay sprawled on the ground in an uncomfortable position. She twitched and sat up slowly, her back was to Sphintus.

Sphintus stood up and looked at where the girl had been. He was shocked at what he saw.

A huge black dragon with amber colored eyes was in the girls place.

"Zmaj!? Where are you?!" Sphintus called out franticly for the girl, she couldn't have been crushed by the dragon, right?

"Master." Zmaj's voice was coming from where the dragon stood.

"Zmaj...?" Vegvísir looked at the dragon with an odd look.

"Yes?" The dragon replied.

"Is that you!?" Sphintus gasped.

"Isn't it obvious?" 'Zmaj the dragon' replied.

"No! You're huge now! And you were so small...! How!?" Sphintus was terribly confused.

"A dragon shifter...?" Vegvísir whispered. "I thought the last one of you died out centuries ago!" Vegvísir was visibly shocked.

"I'm one of the last few that still exist." Zmaj replied to Vegvísir.

"That makes sense..." Vegvísir smiled.

"Well, come on! Let's get going!" Vegvísir giggled as she climbed onto the dragons back.

"O-Ok..." Sphintus nodded and followed Vegvísir's lead.

He crawled onto Zmaj's back and gripped a spike poking out of her back.

Then with a loud woosh of her wings they were flying. Sphintus gripped the scale tighter and swallowed, this was the most terrifying experience of his life.