The Gatekeeper

It seemed like it had been hours since Sphintus had started walking, his legs felt like they were about to fall off.

"Ugh...can't...go..any...farther!" Sphintus collapsed onto the ground, he was panting like a dog.

Sphintus fell back onto his back still panting. He has never walked this much in his life! No wonder Light had left. Sphintus curled up into a ball and closed his eyes.

Sphintus was beginning to drift off when someone kicked him.

"Hey. Hey. You dead?" A deep yet feminine voice yelled.

"Hmph...stopppp...trying...to sleep..." Sphintus mumbled drowsily.

Sphintus swated away the foot and rolled up into a tighter ball. Then with a little bit of shuffling someone sat beside him.

Sphintus cracked open one of his eyes, a short girl with bright red hair and dark eyes sat beside him. She was staring right at him.

"You know, you look a lot like some guy that came through here a couple of days ago." She told him.

Sphintus sat up quickly and asked,

"Are you the gatekeeper?"

"Yeah, why?" She asked with a confused look.

"Light told me you could tell me the way my brother went!" Sphintus exclaimed excitedly.

"Uhm...he did?" She asked with a guilty look on her face.

"Yeah, he did...why, do you not know where he went?" Sphintus' excitement was immediately put to rest.

"I'm afraid I didn't ask where they were going...." She replied guiltily.

"Oh..." Sphintus looked down at the fake flowers underneath him and began to pick at one of the red ones.

"But I do know the general direction of where they were going!" She smiled brightly.

"Really?" Sphintus looked down at her in surprise.

"Yeah!" She said with a smile.

"Great! Let's get going then!" Sphintus got up, and immediately regretted it...his feet still felt like they were going to fall off.

"We don't need to go now, it's kind of obvious you need some rest. We leave in the morning!" She gave him a bright smile.

"Ok." Sphintus said quickly, he sat down and let out a sigh of relief. He fell back onto his back and closed his eyes. He could already hear the gatekeeper's soft snoring. Then, he drifted of into sleep.
_____
. .
. .
. .
------------morning----------

Sphintus was woken up by a sharp object poking him in the side. He opened his eyes slowly and looked around, the gatekeeper was poking him with a fake stick.

"Get up lazy bones." She said angrily.

"Five more minutes..." Sphintus groaned and rolled onto his side.

"We've already wasted ten minutes with me trying to wake you up! You giant sloth!" She growled.

"I am not a sloth!" Sphintus hissed.

"Fine, what's your name?" She said with an annoyed look.

"Sphintus." He mumbled.

"Ok, I'm Vegvísir." She said with a bright smile, the anger completely disappeared from her face.

"Nice to meet you." Sphintus said with a yawn.

"You too!" She said happily.

"Yeah...sure." He sighed.

Vegvísir poked him with the stick again, probably telling him to get up in her own way.

"I'm getting up!" He groaned. He got up slowly, and stretched.

"Hurry up, sloth." She said teasingly.

"I'm not a sloth!" He growled

"You sure act like one. Now come on let's get going." She waved for him to follow, and their new adventure began.

(I wasn't sure weither or not to name the gatekeeper Vegvísir or Kokopelli...please comment and tell me your opinion!)