Sleep

When Sphintus came back with the bagel Koe could see the demon reaper following him. He felt like screaming at him to run, but he knew that would just make it worse.

Luckily for his brother the monster lost interest in him.

Then a sinister thought crept into Koes mind maybe the reaper was waiting to use his energy on him.

"Hey, you want the bagel or not?" His brother said making Koe lose track of his thoughts.

"Uhhhh... yeah." Koe said hastily and took the bagel.

"You didn't toast it." Koe said with a hint of sadness in his voice, he knew it was childish to dwell on that but he liked bagels a lot more toasted.

"If you wanted it toasted then you should've told me." His brother said obviously annoyed.

"You should've asked if I wanted it toasted." He replied.

"Uhhhh..." Sphintus didn't have a remark for that (I couldn't decide if I should've used reply or remark...)

It was starting to get dark outside and his eyes began to feel heavy, but he was afraid to sleep...what if the demon reaper came to get him?

He wasn't willing to take that chance, so he stayed in the living room watching t.v. and every few minutes he would look at the hallway to see if the monster was gone yet, but every time he looked the monster was looking right back at him.

The smile had disappeared from it's face but it's eyes still held a look of pure evil.

At least that's what he thought.

Koe couldn't keep his eyes open any longer, his eyes closed of their own free will and slowly he drifted into sleep.