Óneiro

"What are you?" The little boy asked again. The boy was staring intently at Koe.

"Um..." Koe felt awkward. He was to embarrassed to say anything.

The boys' fluffy blue hair covered most of his face but you could clearly see that his eyes were an odd shape. And growing out of his head, even though they were barely an inch yet; you could see shiny white horns.

"Can you not speak? Or maybe you speak another language? Anata ga nihongo o hanashimasu ka? Tu Latine non loquuntur? ¿Hablas español?" The little boy would've continued asking if Koe hadn't had cut in, saying,

"I can speak... sorry I was just a little embarrassed."

"Why were you embarrassed?" The little boy asked with a smile stuck to his face.

"You know exactly why." Koe replied, he was starting to get agitated.

Spending so long with Libellule was taking a tole on Koes personality.

"Yeah. Sorry about crashing your bath but my dad said I had to protect this river no matter what!" The little boy said, obviously proud that his father had let him guard the stream.

"What were you protecting it from? My nasty feet?" Koe couldn't help but laugh.

"No, I was not protecting it from your feet I just didn't know who you were at first." The little boy frowned.

"Well even so you didn't even manage to protect the stream. I left of my own free will."

"But I'm the one that made the water cold and the one that made you slip."

Koe frowned. This little boy must be messing with him.

But the look on his face was so serious Koe wasn't sure whether to believe himself or the boy.

"What's your name?" Koe asked dropping the subject about the stream.

"My name is Óneiro. What's yours?

"I'm Koe."

"Nice to meet you!" Óneiro said with a smile.

"Nice to meet you too." Koe replied with less enthusiasm than Óneiro, he was starting to realize that meeting all these people might not be so great.

"So can you tell me what you are now?" Óneiro asked with an impish grin.

This smile reminded him of someone he knew. It made him homesick. He missed his brother.

"I'm a human. What are you?" Koe said without a hint of his sadness. He was becoming good at hiding his emotions.

"What am I?" Óneiro repeated what Koe said. Then more to himself than to Koe he asked,

"What am I...?"

"Do you not know what you are?" Koe asked interrupting Óneiro's thoughts.

How could someone not know what they are?

(Some of the names in my book are actually words in different languages, like Libellule his name means dragonfly Noir means Black -I was originally gonna name him Chat *pronounced Shat, means cat* but I thought people would get it confused with chat- and Óneiro means 'Dream' Libellule and Noir are both French but Óneiro is Greek... that was a hint for what he is)