The Voice

Koe leapt from his bed, if this man was anything like his son Koe had to be careful.

"What's the rush?" Óneiros father asked with a creepy smile.

"Umm... nothing." Koe replied quickly.

"Hmm...that's good." Óneiros father replied as if he hadn't really been listening.

Óneiro made a sound as if he was having a nightmare. Koe walked over to the bed, Óneiro was sweating.

"Óneiro...? Hey? Can you here me?" Koe didn't feel right leting a kid sleep thru a nightmare...plus he didn't know how long either of them had been sleeping, and too much sleep isn't good.(Dr.Koe! He knows everything!)

"You won't be able to wake him up." Óneiros father said nonchalantly.

"What do you mean?" Koe asked.

"You won't be able to wake him up unless we find the right ingredients..." Óneiros father replied, still sounding preoccupied.

"Ingredients for what?" Koe would help find these ingredients, even if it took him to the end of the world. Well...if it was that far he would wait until after he found Chuchoter.

Koe felt guilty, he had been so wrapped up in this little side adventure he had completely forgotten about her.

"Ingredients for the potion." Óneiros father said while walking out of the room.

"Oh, and your friends are in the kitchen...they eat a lot." Óneiros father mumbled that last part under his breath.

"Wait! I have more to ask!" Koe raced after the man, but he already disappeared into another room.

Koe looked around, he had no idea were to go. He took a step towards a staircase. He looked down remembering the dream he had had just minutes before.

Would he fall?

Or was the dream just his mind messing with him?

Only one way to find out.

Koe took a deep breath, clutched the stairs railing, and began his descent.

The stairs began to grow steeper, how had anyone been able to get up here?

Finally he reached the floor. His legs were wobbly, he felt like he had just had an encounter with a vampire.

That was terrifying...Koe thought to himself.

'Was it that bad?' Koe heard a voice in his head.

"What the!?! Who's there?" Koe looked around frantically for the source of the voice.

'Mph...you won't find me down here....and if I were you I would go back upstairs. You went the wrong way.' The voice seemed to be mocking Koe.

Koes eyes widened. He looked around the room, he hadn't realized it at first but there were cages. No...cells.

This must be the 'dungeon'.

Koe turned around reluctantly, he wasn't looking forward to walking back up those stairs.