Strike Him Down

It was about 4 p.m. and Koe was hungry. He hadn't eaten since this morning.

Yet he couldn't eat, he felt like he was about to throw up.

After his shower he had started to see and hear things. Am I going insane? He was scared, he felt like every time he took a step out of the living room something would crawl around the bend in the hall. Something otherworldy.

The last thing he had seen looked like a demon, but it was holding a scythe that he could only imagine was meant for a grim reaper. If it had just been that he wouldn't be so scared, it was the look on its face that scared him.

It had a mixture of a snarl with a sinister smile that made his insides churn. When he had asked his brother if he had seen it Sphintus just looked at him like he had three heads and said,

"What in the world is wrong with you? I mean seriously don't joke around like that, there's nothing there."

But Koe knew it was there, waiting for him to take a step closer so that he would be within striking distance of the "scythe".

As he walked back to his seat he could feel the things eyes digging into his back. He shuddered, why was he seeing this? Why was it that he was the only one who had seen it? Again he asked himself if he was going insane.

He didn't want to think about that. He didn't want to think at all. He just wanted the thing to go away, he just wanted it to leave him alone!

He glanced towards the hallway again, hoping that it had disappeared.

At first he couldn't see it and he was about to go to the kitchen to get some chips but on closer inspection he could faintly see the monsters white hair and it's sinister smile. He immediately looked away not wanting to tempt it any closer.

His heart pounding fast he covered his head with one of the pillows from the couch.

He could sense his brother looking at him. But he didn't care, he just wanted to feel safe.

He could hear his brother moving closer to him on the couch.

"You ok, Koe?" His brother asked with a hint of anxiety in his voice.

Koe didn't want his brother to think he was any more crazy than he already thought he was. He knew if he said anything about the demon reaper his brother would call their mom. And knowing their mother she would take Koe to a therapist. Then again... maybe he did need help?

He decided not to say anything about the demon reaper, and instead said,

"Yeah my stomach just hurts a little."

"Want me to get you some medicine?" His brother replied, Koe had to admit even though his brother was a pain to have around sometimes he knew that Sphintus cared about him.

"No I'm probably just hungry. Can you get me a bagel or something?"

"Yeah sure." Sphintus said, happy to help his brother feel better.

(People are starting to just read parts of my story, please if you see this just read everything! You won't understand alot if you just read one part, thank you if you see this and actually read all the parts)