A Dream of Nostalgia

Where am I? Koe opened his eyes to find himself in a familiar feeling room. He knew he had been here before...but he couldn't remember when.

He looked around, everything was fuzzy. He reached out to touch a brown chair, his hand went straight through it.

"What the...!?" Koe gasped, how could this be happening?!

He backed up almost bumping into a bookcase.

He heard footsteps entering the room.

He turned around and standing there was a man with blonde hair. His face was familiar.

The man sat on the brown chair that Koes hand had just went through.

"Who are you?" Koe asked standing in front of the man.

The man seemed to look right through Koe.

"Hello? Any one there?" Koe asked, waving his hand in front of the man's face.

The man's green eyes were brimming with tears and his mouth was moving like he was speaking, but no sound came out.

"Umm...?" Koe took a step back. He didn't like this. This feeling of dégà vu...it made him uncomfortable.

What's going on...? Maybe...maybe this is just some messed up dream...but if it's a dream when did I fall asleep? How could I have fallen asleep...I mean the last thing I remember was swimming... Koe thought about where he could be.

He walked out of the room of the sad eyed blonde. There was a set of stairs near the end of a hallway. Koe walked toward it.

He heard laughter at the top of the staircase this laughter was unsettling...it wasn't a happy laugh it was an evil laugh that made Koes skin crawl.

He took a two steps back, someone blocked Koes escape.

The man with sad eyes stood behind him, holding one of Koes shoulders.

"Let me go!" Koe yelped.

The blonde looked at him.

The sad look in his eyes had disappeared, replaced by an emptiness that shouldn't exist.

"What's wrong with you...?" Koe whispered.

The man pushed Koe towards the stairs, ignoring his question.

Koe tried to get away from the stairs but every time Koe took one step back the man would push him two forward.

Koes feet finally reached the stairs. He was about to take a step back when he stopped, the floor where he had just stood had disappeared.

He started to walk, the sound of laughter growing louder with every step.

He reached the top.

The sound stopped. And just as it stopped, Koe felt air beneath his feet. The wind rushed past him as he fell, the last thing he saw was the sad eyed man's face.

"SPHINTY HELP ME!" Koe screamed at the face, this had to be his brother. But then... why was Sphintus so sad? Koe had never seen such a look on Sphintus' face.

"SPHINTY!" Koe screamed again.

But it was too late. He had woken up.

He looked around. He was in a royal looking room, Óneiro was sleeping in a bed across the room.

"Where am I?" Koe asked himself.

He heard a door creak open, he turned his head towards the sound. And standing there was a man with long blue hair, angled eyes, and horns.

"Good morning, Koe." The man said with a smile.

"Who are you?" Koe asked suspicion dripped from his every word.

"I'm Óneiros father."

Wait...this man is Óneiros dad?