The Return of Evïl

(Ok, I have two things to say before we officially start this chapter. 1. The last chapter I said that I had a bunch of glitches that would prevent me from writing another chapter, right after I published that chapter most of the major glitches were fixed...the title glitch is the main problem and that hasn't been fixed yet...-reason the title of this chapter 'Evil' has an ï instead of an i.- 2. Sorry I've been adding a lot of these little author notes lately...)

Koe took a step into the dining hall, he had been here for a week now and had made good friends out of the Nulls. Even though they were almost exactly alike, they did have slightly different personalities. The girl Null was a little more bashful than the male Null and the male Null seemed like he couldn't read facial expressions very well.

Koe lifted his face to see Noir waving frantically at him, Koe waved back with a sheepish smile. He was beginning to get used to Noir's erratic behavior. Koe began to walk towards Noir, and as Koe got closer he realized Libellule was there too. But that wasn't much of a surprise, wherever Libellule went Noir followed. And if Koe was being completely honest, he was kind of jealous of their relationship. Koe wanted Chuchoter to do the same thing. But she can't until he finds her.

That thought only made Koe even more determined to find her.

"Hey, Noir! Hey, Libellule!" Koe said with a smile.

"Hi!" Noir replied, obviously happy that Koe decided to sit with them.

"Hello." Libellule replied with less enthusiasm than Noir, but at least he smiled.

Koe looked around the dininghall it was virtually empty. The only other people in the large room were the Nulls. Koe smiled and waved at them, only the female Null waved back.

"Who are they?" Noir asked Koe.

"They call themselves Null." Koe replied.

"Is that some kind of couple name? Like a ship they made for themselves?" Noir asked a little confused. (If you don't know what a ship is, it is a name people make for two people they think should be a couple. But I'm not sure lol.)

"Um...I'm not sure." Koe replied, now he was beginning to get confused.

Noir shrugged and started eating some kind of cheese snack. (Anyone in the mood for some cheesy poofs? Southpark? Anyone get the reference? Anyone? *hears crickets.*)

Koe sat up straight. He swore he heard something. He looked around for the source of the sound, then he saw her.

Koe gasped, it was Akuma the nymph that had tried to kill him and Óneiro.

She turned her head to the group of friends, an evil smile spread across her face. Then the room went dark. The only light emitted from the necklace around her neck.

"What the hell is going on?!" Libellule screamed.

Koe could hear a small crash, something must have fell.

A screech filled the room and the light turned back on.

Libellule was holding a long sword with a black jewl on the hilt. He had cut the necklace that hung around Akuma's neck off.

Akuma's face contorted in pain, then hardened from anger. A harsh growl emitted from her direction, her eyes glowed for a second then Libellule went flying across the room.

"Argh....!" Libellule rushed towards her again attempting to cut her arm, but she moved just out of reach seconds before he reached her.

Akuma smiled again and lifted her hand, a soft light began to grow in her hand and she threw it at him. Libellule was thrown against the wall from the explosion, his shoulder was cut.

"Null you have to help him!" Koe screamed in the Nulls direction, they had been sitting there calmly...as if nothing was wrong.

The male Null glanced in Koes direction, then in Libellules direction. Libellule was still trying to get the upper hand of Akuma.

The female Null sighed and lifted her hand. Towards the fighting people, her eyes glowed slightly and then an amazing thing happened.

Both Akuma and Libellule froze. Obviously unable to move, they stood there....or in Akuma's case floated.

"There. It is now stopped." The Nulls said nonchalantly.

Koe's eyes widened, how were they able to do that?

"H-How did you do that...?!" Koe sputtered, this was amazing! How could magic be so powerful?!

The Nulls simply smiled in reply to Koe's question, the male Null stood up, took the sword from Libellule and then used that sword to cut Akuma's hands off.

Akuma's frozen eyes widened slightly, she must have been in great pain. Then, the male Null snapped and both of the two people that had previously been fighting fell to the ground.

Akuma let out a pained screech, and fell to the ground, pressing the stumps where her hands had been to her chest. The room was filled with her shallow breathing.

The female Null came over to where the male Null stood. Then she bent down and picked up Akuma's severed hands. Waving them in Akuma's face with a wicked smile she said,

"You may have these back later."

(Sorry if the fight scene wasn't very good... but I think I did good for my first try!)