Deep, Dark, and Water Hating

Koe ducked his head under the water. He held his breath as long as he could, which was only a few seconds...then he took a deep breath. He could breath under the water!

He turned his head to find Óneiro smiling at him.

"Did it work?" Óneiro asked, already knowing the answer he would get.

"Yep!" Koe replied happily.

Koe swam back up to the surface of the water screaming,

"It worked!"

Noir ears were flattened to the side of his head, he was complaining about how much he hated water while Libellule pretended to listen.

"What worked?" Libellule asked, not wanting to have to talk with Noir any more.

"That spell! The spell that was supposed to let us breath under water...it worked!" Koe was elated, this was his first experience with magic and he was happy it had worked out.

"Oh, that's great!" Libellule looked almost as happy as Koe, he ducked his head under water. Koe did the same. Noir looked reluctant but eventually ducked his head under water too.

"Isn't this great?" Óneiro asked a huge smile plastered to his face. His words were fuzzy because of the water, but you could still hear them.

"This is amazing!" Libellule and Koe said simultaneously.

Noir just glared at them all. Along with him not liking water it looked like he didn't know how to swim very well.

"Come on, Noir just enjoy this opportunity! It's fun once you get used to it!" Libellule came over to where Noir was and smiled at him.

"No. this will not be fun. Not at all." Noir glared at Libellule, Koe was surprised. Noir had always been overly nice to Libellule.

"Oh come on!" Libellule looked at Noir then gave him a hug saying,

"Just enjoy it! I promise you'll be fine!"

Noir was visibly shocked that Libellule had hugged him. So he just nodded, not knowing how to argue with Libellule in this kind of situation.

"Great now we can go!" Óneiro beamed.

They all started swimming in the direction that Óneiro was going. Koe was excited to meet the man that Óneiro was so scared of... this was going to be exciting.