Severed

Akuma gave the female Null the most hate filled look Koe had ever seen, but...Koe could understand why. The female Null had been teasing her.

The female Null started to laugh, an infectious sound. Soon, the male Null was laughing too. Koe even had a hard time keeping a straight face, this sound was like a disease.

Her laugh was that beautiful. It was filled with happiness, an innocence that seemed like it would last forever. But this innocence was fake. A cover up for the terrible thing she had assisted in doing.

Koe didn't understand why the Nulls cut off Akuma's hands... yeah, she had tried to kill them but she probably had a good reason for that. Plus, she would surely die from the blood loss, and if not blood loss then from something else.

Still giggling, the Null's waved good bye and left the cafeteria. Koe turned to where Libellule had been, Noir was helping him get back on his feet. Libellule's shoulder was bleeding profusely, they would have to wrap it with gauze. (I think that's what it's called...sorry if I used wrong word.)

"Let's get them both to a doctor.." Noir mumbled.

Koe nodded in agreement and helped Akuma up, her eyes were glazed over with pain...she was staring at the ground where her hand's lay.

Koe smiled warmly at Akuma and said reassuringly,

"The doctor might be able to sew them back on...you will like that, won't you?"

She nodded slowly, her face was blank. It held no emotion.

Koe turned his head to where Noir and Libellule stood, Noir was whispering something to Libellule, Libellule frowned and shook his head.

What are they talking about? Koe thought to himself.

Akuma made a sound like she was in pain and Koe shook his head. He smiled at her again and helped her walk towards the 'castles' doctor.

"T-t-thank y-you..." Akuma whispered barely above a whisper.

"You're welcome." Koe smiled kindly. He wasn't one to hold a grudge.

"But....if you don't mind me asking one question...could you wake Óneiro backup...?" Koe asked shyly.

"N-no." She said with a harsh voice.

"H-he deserves th-this punishment if anything else. He betrayed his p-people."

"...What do you mean?" Koe asked suspiciously.

"Exactly w-what I said." Their conversation came to a quick halt after that.

Koe turned his head, Libellule and Noir were talking behind him. Noir's ear's twitched. Had he been listening to their conversation?

Noir looked up at Koe and smiled warmly. But Koe has known Noir long enough than to believe that was a real smile. Noir picked up his pace a little, dragging Libellule behind him. Libellule grunted, he had almost tripped over his own feet.

"Watcha guys talkin' about?" Noir asked innocently.

"Nothing." Koe answered.

"Oh coooome on you know I heard you! Now it's Libellule's turn to hear what you said! Right, Libe?" Noir was talking with an excited look on his face.

"I would love to hear what you guys were talking about...but if you don't want to talk about it that's fine. And Noir, don't call me Libe." Libellule answered nonchalantly. His hand was clasping his should to keep it from bleeding.

Koe nodded and looked down at Akuma, she obviously knew what Óneiro was...would she tell them? The stumps where her hands had been were pressed against her chest and she looked like she was about to pass out.

Right before Koe asked if she wanted help, a man in a long coat came running up to them. He had very short brown hair and a beard. His eyes were angled and he had pointed ears.

"The Null's told me you were coming so I brought my stuff with me to catch you guys! Ok, um...you the neko wrap the tall man's shoulder in gauze, and Akuma let me see your wrists." The man, obviously the doctor threw Noir the gauze and began to examine Akuma's...stumps.

He nodded himself then grabbed some stitches and the hands that Koe held along with some kubd if medicine.

"Ok, drink this. It should make you sleepy." The man forced Akuma to drink the medicine. Almost immediately she slumped over, the doctor lay her softly on the ground and began to stitch the hands back onto Akuma.

Koe couldn't watch, he had always gotten sick when he saw blood.